Sign in to follow this  
wizzywig

Tomahawk nearly complete

Just to fill in on a few of the features Wizzywig and I have included in the Tomahawk:

- Smart terrain following guideance system gives Tomahawk true Nap of Earth flight capabilities.

- Map click target marking.

- Control of the target ingress route by map clicking area from which you want the missile to approach the target.

- Control of the launch direction by map clicking the spot where the Tomahawk begins its NOE flight path.

- The waypoint system finds a path that follows valleys and low tarrain features between mountains and hills.

- User can edit waypoints to ensure a path that steers clear of known AA locations.

- Teminate Feature allows Tomahawk to be destroyed by user if a trajectory error was made or if you launch the unit before realizing that friendlies are present in the target area.

- Satalite Tracking system that allows impact zone damage assessment.

- Nose Camera system so you can see what the Tomahawk "sees" right up to impact!

- In nose Camera and Satalite view the Tomahawk parameters are displayed (ASL altitude, AGL alt. current waypoint, distance to waypoint, distance to target, Tomahawk air speed.

I am currently working on adding compass heading, bearing to target, & systems status (damage indicator).

In initial tests the Tomahawk fairs very well against standard Shilka AA.  The AI controled Shilkas can shoot it down, but its low level NOE flight and high speed make it very tough to hit which coincides with the characteristics of the actual Tomahawk cruise missile.  Out of 10 missile purposely sent through high Shilka density areas about 7 to 8 of the missiles make it to the target!

The final version Tomahawk will provide two options for war heads. These will be:  bunker busting for taking out specific targets with minimum colateral damage or high exlplosive area effect for use against mixed armor/infantry positions.  The current beta version has the area affect warhead (its more fun to test with that one :-).

also as i have bean informed the launcher fires the tomahawk very nicly i have not tested yet but i belive Raptorsaurus as there has not bean a thing this man can not do he is a scripting god tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifunclesam.gif

Tomahawk_Launch.jpg

updated launch patten so it can be used buy and addon

hmm

been looking forward to this addon

I know how hard scripting and addon-making is

but couldn't you add some more white smoke (like a white smoke trail when launched) and a flash of light to the launch effect?

correct me if I'm wrong

yes smoke trail its there we still need a textuer maker if any one is intrested thanks for imput thou buddy

I think there is way too much fire effect at the launch of the tomahawk, I saw a lot off pictures where a tomahawk was fired and it had a lot off white smoke and a white smoke trail but it doesn't have any other coloured smoke.

Overall very good addon but the effect spoils it a bit  wink_o.gif

EDIT take a look here Click me especially the pictures

I think there is way too much fire effect at the launch of the tomahawk, I saw a lot off pictures where a tomahawk was fired and it had a lot off white smoke and a white smoke trail but it doesn't have any other coloured smoke.

Overall very good addon **but the effect spoils it a bit**  wink_o.gif

EDIT take a look here Click me especially the pictures

i hate buters its not sent out yet for public relise and for your info it has bean fixed also have you looked a a ground launcher unit as that dose have fire even tho so dose the ship version please look at the more detailed launche's GLCM SITE

What's about the hight of the LCC? I think it's a little bit to high. And wy don't you use a MAN Truck? Maybee the one from MMP/BwMod?

we have all models doen we jsut need some one to do textures and re size as thay think is needed

no one wont vid then o well ill remove it

pm me if link dont work

5.?mb its a nicely compressed vid you will need divx tho buts its well worth it

I saw it and it's nice. Except for two things. 1. Way too big of smoke after launch. 2.Is that Dido I hear? tounge_o.gif Anyways nice video! Wish it had more fps so it wouldn't skip tounge_o.gif Hope you get them texturerers!

thanks i think remember that original vig was 1.3gig so i think i did pritty well getttign it down to the iles size it is now but thanks any way and ifff you can texture please contact me

Absolutely nice video, and nice touch putting in that song! biggrin_o.gif Though I wonder why the video shows so much lag... seems there is some serious lag problem at the recording PC... crazy_o.gif Last time I used fraps there wasn't too much lag and the vid file was over 4 gb tounge_o.gif

sorry its my lousy editing dose not lag in any way trust me

What editing program do you use? I hope it's not Windows Movie Maker... that one's bugged to hell... I like Adobe Premiere best! wink_o.gif

i use Camtasia Studio 2 i found this the best its jsut a bit skippy dude to me wonting to keep it uner 10mb and was justa quick movie it oly took 30mins or so to produce

Hi all. Just wanted to say to the crew, Good job so far, and I'm looking forward to see this thing done. I used to live at a GLCM Base in southern Belgium. My father was USAF and a member of the support team. The GLCM site listed above shows a very realistic example of the deployed system, but in the late 'Eighties, both the TEL, and LCC were attached to MAN tractors. See here: http://images.google.com/imgres?....rl=http

In attendence are also half a dozen armed HUMV's, for the ground sercurity force.

Some stuff tomahawks currently dose

more details will be in readme

Scripts include

1 Nose cam

2 Tomahawk scripts now reduced to 100kb from 512kb

3 Satcom control system

4 Missile termination

5 Satellite tracking

6 Warhead selection

7 Damage detector

8 Auto arming

9 Launch vehicle

10 Auto Navpoint plotting system

11 Navpoint edit (move waypoint with a click on mouse)

Displays

Altitude: ASL (Above sea level)

Altitude: AGL (Above ground level)

Air Speed

Map Grid

Scramble code

Next WP

WP Distance

Target Distance

Warhead (See warheads below)

Status (Armed – Unarmed)

Damage (See damage below)

Warheads

1 "Anti Structure & Area Effect"

2 "Bunker Buster w/ Min Collateral Effect"

3 "Aerial Blast Spreading High Explosive Cluster Bombs"

4 "Area Effect Anti Armour"

5 "Area Effect Anti Personnel"

6 "Low Yield Tactical Nuclear"

Damage

1.0 "System Crash"

0.9 "turbojet subsonic engine"

0.8 "System Navigation Scanner"

0.7 "Main fuel tank"

0.6 "terrain matching system"

0.5 "digital scene matching illuminator"

0.4 "infrared imagery sensor"

0.3 "System Guidance"

0.2 "GPS satellite guidance"

0.1 "System damage"

0.0 "System OK"

Can this truck move? (cause in the pick it says it's out of fuel crazy_o.gif ) Also, did you decide to use your own design for the launcher because to make a trailer script would be hard?But anyways, hope you finish soon!

as i keep saying if there is any one that can texture please contact me on wizzywig@sadness.ro asap its all we are waitign for untill we send out scripts final