Sign in to follow this  
David Shipley

Officers with helmets? config.bin edit...

Hey guys,

About two years ago, PitViper (Dynamic Sound guy) edited my config.bin file so all officers in the game wear helmets instead of caps/berets. It was cool and much more realistic, in my view, though much harder to figure out who the commander now was -- which was the whole point, I guess.

Sadly, I lost the edited config file, along with all contact with PitViper. *Sigh* So, I want to try to edit the config file myself. PitViper said it was a very simple procedure; something about changing the "headgear" for all officers.

What do you need to edit the config.bin file? My version is actually one I downloaded from the Dynamic Sound pack. It shouldn't be too hard to change.

Maybe an experienced modder could do the same for me as PitViper did? He/she could even put it up on OFP.Info, or something, so other people could download it. Certainly it's not just myself who thinks it's a bit odd how an officer wants a "Shoot Me Now" cap on during battle.

Please, guys, this is important to me. I'd really appreciate it if one of you could give me tips on how to do this, or (praise be to the Lord) if someone could do this for me. :-)

My E-mail: davidshipley@planetavp.com

My config file for download (and edit by some talented modder?): http://www.planetavp.com/config.bin

Thanks in advance!

David Shipley

www.PlanetAvP.com

I too was annoyed how BIS threw a non helmet'd officer or team leader in with no helmet.. kinda annoying.. it would be cool if you could post that link to the config on this this thread.

You know, you could un-pbo the data3d.pbo, back up the officer model, copy the soldier model and re-name it to what the officer model is called. That way you wont have any config problems in mp wink_o.gif

Wiggum: Thanks! I'll look for him there.

Landwarrior: If I manage to do it (or if someone did it for me), I'll host it on my site for other folks to download.

Deadmeat: Sounds way out of my league. Since you do Ballistic Mods work, maybe you could try? (Love your group's Rangers mod, man, by the way.)