Sign in to follow this  
metalslug

Aperture size bug, can it be squashed?

Hi, I recently finished a major PC upgrade, and the first game to get installed was Flashpoint/Resistance smile_o.gif  Well, turns out I've been bitten by the "no menu, empty island, green screen bug". After using search here I found the fix, decreasing aperture size. I was wondering, will this problem get fixed in a future patch? It's a pain ajusting my bios every time I want to play OFP, and then changing back for all my other games/apps.

My system:

Athlon 64 FX-51

ASUS SK8V

Prophet 9800XT

1 gig pc3200 REG/ECC

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, it's kind of general discussion about troubleshooting wink_o.gif

Why do you turn it back after ofp? Just leave aperture size at a small value or turn it off altogether. I don't think you need it at all with your graphics card.

Why do you turn it back after ofp? Just leave aperture size at a small value or turn it off altogether. I don't think you need it at all with your graphics card.

Hmmm, I thought it would effect performance in other games. After a quick Aquamark benchmark I found:

[256mb] = 46,850

[64mb] = 46,850  wow_o.gif

Well, I'll be dipped. I guess I'll just keep it at a lower value.

Thanks

I think its a D3d thing,that aperature thing has been around since UT days and MS hasn't fixed it yet.

Athlon 64 FX-51

What CPU Benchmark do you get in ofp preferences with this cpu?

MfG Lee

6849 cpu bench, not ground-breaking. Honestly I was eager to fire up FRAPS to reveal my true performance increase.