Sign in to follow this  
CADman-GUN-

Holy cow nooo

Man I am pissed off.

I was fiddling with my suer name and TAG for that squad xml and becuase of that I have now lost all my missions including 15 campaign misison for a campaign i nthe making and many many more ;(((

this happend to anyone else?

sad.gif

Really lost now, 80mb of missions

is there any way to restore info that has been removed from the bin?

just for editing your user name, why did it have to delete the contents of folder and not just rename to folder.

Off to cry now.

over 300hrs work to date on a campaign gone sad.gif

please ad a line of text in player screen

DO NOT EDIT YOUR NAME YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR MISSIONS.

Is your users directory really deleted?!?

When I change my username (I have two), that never happened!

But I still have copied the users directory to my backup hard disk.

Sorry, if your directory is really empty, I can`t help you. But if the stuff is still in there, maybe a new installation would help and then copying your backed up files in there?

But before you do that, wait for other posts. There may be better ideas!

Whatever happened, not sure exactly what you did, you should be able to restore lost data. It's tricky, but if you have not saved ANYTHING on your HD after this happened, you should be able to do it.

If you have Win 98 or NT, there is software I have used to restore files.

If you have your HD partitioned so that you can install the recovery software on another partition than where your files were, you should download a trial version of File Rescue, and it may be enough to get your stuff back. If it trial version isn't enough, just pay for it.

If you don't have your disk partitioned, download it somewhere else, have it put on CD and run it from your CD Rom.

Most important, cease all HD work until you attempt to retrieve data. This includes checking your mail, deleting other stuff or moving files around.

http://www.ei-europe.com/file_rescue.html

<a href="http://www.softwareshelf.com/downloads/?p=11

Be" target="_blank">http://www.softwareshelf.com/downloads/?p=11

Be</a> sure to untick all the subscription boxes before you DL, I didn't and I never got rid of the junk mail that kept coming!

There are other products to do this, none free that I know of, but some have better trial times, so look around.

Good luck!

Konyak

well all I did was to edit my name in ofp then play a game to test the squad.xml then changed the name back to its original one.

the whole user directory was empty not even my custom face was there.

thankyou for that link the software undelete 2 missions fine. And I f i can find a way to decompile the export ones I might just save half my campaign too.

thanks for your help, the bugger is I had removed a back copy durign the same day so save on HD space, I will learn from this hehe.

Why is it that learning only is effective if it happens the hard, painful way? wink.gif