Sign in to follow this  
Sid

Thanks for being Free

Wherever I look Now-a-Days, more and more games are requiring you to pay to play them.. Wich is just Idiotic.

I can understand this for MMORPG's (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). But for games like Majestic, where you only play Offline, for about 10 Minutes a day, for around 10 Days a Month, for 8 Months... That's how slow the gameplay is.. Well, Anyways, back to the topic..

I just want to say, Thanks BIS for a Great, free game.

(I hope paying to play Games doesn't come Down to this.. Just Picture Half-Life...)

-Sid

Sorry Guys, I hit the 'Submit Button' Twice, just let the other one Fall down the Fourm...

Nice to see a positive post Sid.

Great game, and I look forward to what they have not yet shown us for OpFlash-2!

I'd just like to say that if a game includes the option to play Multi-player, then how come it doesn't just get a percentage of the Telephone Industries huge profits.

Online games are generating masses of extra customers for the Communications Industry by doing this, so I think THEY should be paying for the privilege... not screwing us out of extra money!

Internet sites get paid for showing adverts, so if they can't get money off BT, advertisments could at least be considered before they start bothering us!!

A day will come when there will be adverts in the game (I know NHL 200x and Nascar series have them already) but imagine adverts in OFP.

"LEADER: 2,3,4 Attack PEPSI T-80, 4 o'clock"

"LEADER: 3, move to TACO BELL, 1 o'clock"

And there would be adverts on the side of the vehicles, like Smirnoff ads plastered on side of Russian tanks, or soft-drink billboards on the side of the road.  Or when the A-10 flys, it pulls an arial sign "Just Do It" or something.  This day will come, just wait and see.  I'm sure marketing suits are saying "All kids/adults are playing computer games and aren't watching any adverts while playing, how can we tap into this market?" And some  other a-hole in a cheap suite suggests "I know, let's buy ad space in games. We'll sponser different vehicles and place adverts on billboards in the game."

Imagine driving you Levis Jeep north to Houdan, just when you come over the hill, you see the familiar yellow glow of the Golden Arches greating you.

Re: XXX XXXXX

Lol!!!

I'm waiting for the bit when the Colonel pulls out a packet of Marlboros when he's briefing you!!!

P.S. Have you hidden a subliminal message in your username? I keep thinking of that beer advert........."Castlemain XXXX"

(Edited by Bloodshot at 7:38 pm on Nov. 5, 2001)

"P.S. Have you hidden a subliminal message in your username? I keep thinking of that beer advert........."Castlemain XXXX"

Not really, It's was supposed to be a insult to someone on this board, but then I decided to just X it out and go on with my life. No need to argue over old posts anyway.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

"LEADER: 2,3,4 Attack PEPSI T-80, 4 o'clock"

"LEADER: 3, move to TACO BELL, 1 o'clock".

<span id='postcolor'>

"and the bullets are sponsored by Benetton!" smile.gif

I JUST GOT A *FREE* VERSION OF EverQuest... AND I DON'T HAvE TO PAY INTILL TEN DAYS!

...Let me Explain: I got the Complete Origanal game 9With a Lousy Instruction Manual) with a Magazine.

After Ten days, you have to get a Subsription... here's how to Cheat:

(Only Works with Magazine version)

After your ten Days are up, Exit the Game, and Backup/Copy your Character to a Diffrent Directory, Unistall the Game, then Fill in the Account Fields again.

Simple!

...But I don't know what Chat Handle Means, can someone tell me so i can play this and see what all the fuss is about?

Thanks,

Sid

(P.S. I'm not a traitor, think of this as "getting back at 'Pay to Play' games")

Heres what gets me pissed.When you see a pay-to-play game.It costs $50 US dollars.So I dont see why that is should be that much.Like WW2online WTF those guys needed there ass kicked for what they did

Having to PAY MONEY to play a game whitch you (in most cases) purchased in a box is literly f**king stupid...

Like making people wait in line 5 hours to download a FREE file *caugh* fileplanet *caugh*

I will never pay money to a company to use their game over time... You already pay for internet access.... why pay to do stuff on that internet access???

well developing a game costs time and money. So it's obvious that you have to pay for it! You also have to pay for a new car! :biggrin:

You say that you allready pay for internet access (?) And don't want to pay for games. Well ehm you also pay gasoline and you still have to buy a car to drive one.

People put a few years of time and money in designing a game. If we don't pay for games anymore their will be NO MORE GAMES!!! :o

But those money are not going into anything good

They dump sucj awesome projects as Dreamland Chronicles: Freedom Ridge or Jagged Alliance 3 and instead put money in a crap like Max Payne or Emperor

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from JRMZ on 1:43 pm on Nov. 6, 2001

well developing a game costs time and money. So it's obvious that you have to pay for it! You also have to pay for a new car! :biggrin:

You say that you allready pay for internet access (?) And don't want to pay for games. Well ehm you also pay gasoline and you still have to buy a car to drive one.

People put a few years of time and money in designing a game. If we don't pay for games anymore their will be NO MORE GAMES!!! :o

<span id='postcolor'>

i'm not one to argue with you, so i won't.

-Good point.

Antichrist - Son of Satan!

How dare you blaspheme the mighty Max Payne!

May god have mercy on your souuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul!

P.S. Why don't you like it?

Sid, you're forgetting Telecom, why should they get money for sitting on their arse, while the Games Industry generates more money for them! They should pay that part of the cost! I've payed my Å30 for the game already, and paying my phone bills!

(Edited by Bloodshot at 6:20 pm on Nov. 6, 2001)

(Edited by Bloodshot at 6:21 pm on Nov. 6, 2001)

Another good point..

But if there going to make you Actually PAY to PLAy the game.. at least get the game FOR FREE!

I got Ever Quest for Free with a amagazine.. but I don't understand what a chat handle is, can someome explain this to me?

Chat handle - aint that something to grab onto while having se...............no wait...........its the name you use in a chat room, such as Flobberdobbler or the like.

I tried that, but it said stuff... stuff ike Error, have to have more than 2 words.. then I put 4 and get the same emssage ;p

I was waiting for MAx PAyne for like 3 years. Reading all the news and previews than when it came out me and my friend gave 20$ each and bought it. I came home installed it and was absolutely amazed. Then 10 hours later after I clocked it i wasn't that amazed anymore. Now when I see that game on my table i think: "WTF where we thinking when we bought this piece of crap?'

It was the biggest waste of money ever!!! I should've spent this money on drugs or alchohol. It would've been much better!!!

paying for a game is fine

paying for it over time is f**ken gay