Sign in to follow this  
EveronVetsAgainstTheWar

OFP and WinXP

Ive heard of probems with it, ut I'm not sure, as I'm waiting a few months before purchasing WinXP. *Hint* Never buy software when it's first released smile.gif

It will run. Since Windows XP was released after OFP the box says nothing.

Hi there,

I have got Windows XP! and I have been able to play OPF with no problems but one,

That problem is Driver related I think, Use Laser Designator (OPF1.3) dumps out to windows, that even if AI use it)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Mr Z on 3:12 am on Nov. 26, 2001

Hi there,

I have got Windows XP! and I have been able to play OPF with no problems but one,

That problem is Driver related I think, Use Laser Designator (OPF1.3) dumps out to windows, that even if  AI use it)<span id='postcolor'>

I have never had that problem and OFP is running just fine on XP here

I've been playing OFP on XP Pro for almost a month now, and I have had no problems at all with it. In fact XP really is, in my opinion, as good as Microsoft claim. I haven't had a single crash, either with Windows itself or any of my games since installing it. It truely is stable, and system performance is definately better.

The only problem I have had is with my Creative PC-DVD Encore setup. The nice folks at Creative don't feel the need to provide XP driver and software support for the Dxr3 decoder card, so I have a piece of hardware that is under 1 year old and it is already out of date because Creative can't be bothered to support it yet, and people b*tch about the problems they have with OFP!?!?!? At least BIS support it once they have got you to buy it.

I've had no difficulties with software that the compatibility wizard didn't fix.

Only one problem:

My Savage4 is having trouble now with OFP...blacked out textures and the like. I can only assume it is XP driver problem since it worked fine in 98SE....I don't look forward to going back to SE if I can't play OFP....

I've had no difficulties with software that the compatibility wizard didn't fix.

Only one problem:

My Savage4 is having trouble now with OFP...blacked out textures and the like. I can only assume it is XP driver problem since it worked fine in 98SE....I don't look forward to going back to SE if I can't play OFP....