Sign in to follow this  
Benaksoy

1.95b ctd

These is a bug in 1.95b that has existed through all the beta's and at least since 1.91. When a unit using a laser desgnator is killed, he drops the laser desgnator, but the laser remains on. When another unit crosses the path of that laser, a crash to the desktop occurs without any message.

Developers, follow these steps to reproduce the crash:

1. Start the mission builder and place a T80 with the player as the gunner.

2. Place a Black Op (laser) nearby and hit Preview.

3. Wait for the Black Op to use the laser designator, then kill him.

4. Make sure that when the Black Op dies, the laser designator falls so that it's not pointing downward and that the laser is not hitting the ground directly below it. (So that you are able to walk through its path)

5. If the laser designator falls so that the laser hits the ground, Retry the mission and kill him again!  tounge_o.gif

6. Now disembark the tank and go to his body.

7. As soon as you enter the path of the designator's laser, the game crashes.

Simple fix:

Turn off the laser when the unit is killed.

I hope you all understand what I'm saying. rock.gif  I know it's a minor bug, but it's a bug nevertheless. This game is so close to being perfect. And can I get a confirmation from the developers when this is on the "To-Fix" list? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And can I get a confirmation from the developers when this is on the "To-Fix" list?

Yes, it is on the "To-fix" list now and we will make sure this bug does not exist in OFP2. wow_o.gif - Stay tuned.

The lesson for anyone reading this would be: the most efficient help for crashing really is here and there. Chance is if we would have received a report of this earlier, it would probably be already fixed. We did not receive it, and it is not fixed.

Thanks for the quick response. Good luck with the final patch and OFP2! biggrin_o.gif

I just tested this scenario again with 1.96 and I'm sad to say that it still crashes. The laser isn't visible anymore this time but the game still crashes when you walk through the path of the laser.