Sign in to follow this  
Sid

VBS1 -Explain.

...Will this take another 7 years to make?

Is it for OFP, because those graphics look terribly alike!

..I know it's only 1985 in this game.. but how come you gave them all the good vehicles?

Please explain this new game: VBS1, I am curous.

and I'll listen.

WTF?

I tried posting THIS Thread, but an error popped up when I clicked Submit, so I abandoned it, and made a better one, please forgive me.

I'd be thankful if you'd ignore this thread, thansk.

Sid

its for the United Sates Marine Corp. i dont know why they cant release some of the vehicles.......... and if it uses the OFP engine i feel sorry for the marines cause they have crappy amphibious simulations in this game i.e the soldiers sinking like rocks. and also the laggy mulitplayer.

I would assume VBS would be more realistic with the water, AI etc. As for VBS being based on OFP, it is probably the other way around, with OFP being a simplified or cut down version of VBS.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Anathema on 11:14 am on Dec. 2, 2001

I would assume VBS would be more realistic with the water, AI etc.  As for VBS being based on OFP, it is probably the other way around, with OFP being a simplified or cut down version of VBS.<span id='postcolor'>

Historically, this is not true. BIS started developing OFP for the gaming market 4-5 years ago. VBS is a new venture, apparently not ready for commecial release.

I have a feeling any program made by game devlelopers for a real army would fail because it would be too unrealistic, I doubt with current technology we can make a simulator that can get marines to actualy learn and train from it.

Like FS2000/2002 it's just a simulator, and provides no real expeirence.

Also, (and this is purely a guess. The VBS website seems to have been stripped of all links?) I expect that VBS is only using the OFP engine. I have heard of various game engines being used in the past by the military for training (quake, for example). If they are using only the engine then it probably wouldn't even be possible to release their vehicles for OFP, just like it wouldn't be possible to release a Deus Ex gun for Unreal Tournament, or a <insert quake1,2,3-engine game here> weapon for quake1,2,3.

@Maverick & Bin Laden: I see you guys doing nothing but complaining in this thread, yet you guys want BIS to continue to release new stuff for OF? I don't think posts like these will give the BIS employees extra motivation to offer you guys more stuff. Think about it.

Oh and if this stuff is used by the military, then they will 'play' it over a high speed lan, or a very fast 'wan'. Remember that the internet was actually pioneered by the military wink.gif .

(Edited by ALDEGA at 11:21 am on Dec. 2, 2001)