Sign in to follow this  
Chem

Helicopter thrust issues....

I've searched the forum for a good 20minutes looking for anything related to this so please don't jump down my throat if it was mentioned before.

My throttle axis is reversed for all helicopters. No idea why but it is. I saw no mention of this in the manual or anywhere else. My throttle works fine with airplanes and all other games but the helicopters. Is this by design or is this a bug? If it is a bug is there anyway I can get around it?

I am running 1.94

Windows XP

Athlon 1.4ghz

GeForce3

768mb DDR

HOTAS Cougar

Flashpoint also seems to have an issue with recognizing most of the buttons on my stick. Mainly buttons 5-28 although button 7 works but not 5 or 6

Original OFP did not have joystick support (especially not a 28 button joystic either!)

So even the current version of OFP may not be able to support that much functionality on a joystick.

As for the reversed axis, check the settings (Options -> Controls -> etc) somewhere near the bottom there is an option to reverse throttle axis etc, see if they are checked/unchecked, and if they helps or not.

Isn't it because a helicopter doesn't have a throttle handle but a collective handle?

Isn't it because a helicopter doesn't have a throttle handle but a collective handle?

Yes, but they are the same only a collective moves vertically and a throttle moves horizontally.

Since there are no collectives for PC we simulate collective movement by using it as the opposite of a throttle.

Throttle is push for power

Collective is pull for power

IIRC the throttle/collective was wrong <v1.1

I have a Cougar and only a handfull of the buttons are recognised in OFP when set to DX-mode, all axes works like they are supposed to though. I don't see this as a problem. OFP-aircrafts hardly uses any buttons anyway.

The lack of buttons isn't really a problem, I just tossed it in there to see if it was just a bug or something.

Thanks for the input guys.

But in multiplayer when you fly a plane, the sound that the other player hear, is not corresponding on the throttle but as if you were flying with a keyboard: When you climb sound of increasing power when you descend, sound of decreasing power. sad_o.gif Not only the sound but when a man see your plane flying the spoiler are out whereas you in your cockpit you have put the full throttle