Sign in to follow this  
bobcurtish

Problem with plane's sound

Hello, I've got a little problem in multiplayer in lan, when i'm not the server, I hear the planes sounds inverted. For example, when the plane takes off, I don't hear the full throttle but it's like if the pilot was taking off with his motor turning slow. If someone have an answer. I'll be very pleased. smile_o.gif Thank you.

Bobcurtish.

ofp 1.94, windows 98, processor: xp 1900+, 512mo ram,Geforce3, Sound blaster live player. But when i play with friends, this bug appears on each config. So i Think that is a flashpoint bug, is'nt it?

Does this only happen in 1.94?Because i guessing if this only happens with the 1.94 beta than it must be something to due with the 1.94 beta,Im not going to call it a bug since I dont know.And whats your sound setting set up at,Maybe if you havent already,Try messing with them.What version of SBLive card dp you have,Older or newwer,I know I have an Older X-Gamer 5.0 and the sounds work fine in lan.And Im also using 1.94 beta

This problem is not due to version 1.94 because i noticed that bug in previous versions, and i'm surprise that nobody else encounter that sort of problem.All my friends have the same bug and we have many differents configs of sound cards, windows and processor. But carefull this problem is only with planes not helicopters. Make the try, in a multiplayers game take the cessna, board it with two men. The pilot takes off but you have to listen the sound with the copilot member; in my case, the sound is inverted?rock.gif If for you there is no problem, may be it's because i'm french and therefore i'm using a french version. (sorry for my english)

Bobcurtish.

I found a solution, I have to board the plane in pilot with the both men, after this manipulation, the man who stay on the ground hear the plane'sound properly. So in my case it's with no doubt a joystick problem. I fly planes with a microsoft sidewinder precision pro and in a lan the other computers make like if it was with my keyboard. So when my plane is climbing we can hear the power increase and when i want to descend the power decrease. It's not just a sound bug because when you see the plane bypass, it has its airbrakes on. In reality every players have to climb aboard the plane as pilot and then disembark before the plane takes off if they want to hear the sound correspondent whith the pilot's throttle... If someone has a better solution, it will be very helpfull. Thanks for your help

Bobcurtish

@ bobcurtish. Yeah, I know the problem your talking about. I've experienced it at the LAN's I attend and I use a joystick to fly as well.

It's more of an annoying side issue than anything else. I tend to ignore it, as I'm the one that does all the flying in our games, and just get on with the show, but a fix would be much appreciated BIS.

I'm feeling kinda guilty for not raising the bug back in v1.46 days when we first encountered it.