Sign in to follow this  
JAP

Units feedback for mp co-op mini campaign.

Hey all,

I ve been missionediting since OFP has first come out and made many co ops but never really finished any completely 100% ( mostly i suck at briefings, or there s 1 thing not working like i want it or something like that ...  sad_o.gif )

I ve been sitting with the idea of making a MP co-op minicampaign, well not really a campaign, but a range of co op missions all based around the same squad and maybe, just maybe, put in a small storyline.  Although that s not really needed or doable cause the "best" one will be played the most i guess.

My idea is based around a Delta squad operating on Gaia ( great island !!! thats also what gave me back the urge to make something like this )

Now i m not the person to use the standard stuff since i ve been playing with them for so long and grew - just like most op oldtimers in ofp - tired of them. And they are not exactly a representation of the current quality in addons released lately.

So it s based around a BAS delta squad responsible to deal with -yes you guessed right - terrorists.

What i made this topic for is just an idea what kinda addons everybody prefers to be used, since they will be used throughout the missions so you dont need different addons for every mission.

For the good guys i ve already made up my mind for the most part but it s the terrorists that i m not sure off right now.

Since the marpat pack isnt out yet i ve used the BAS Deltas.

Things already using ( i m busy making the Delta HQ right now )

BAS Deltas

BAS MH60L and LB for transportation

Vehicles => no clue yet ( the WG pack's hummers seem a good idea ) any suggestions.

For the terrorists i ve been looking at this guerrilla pack that came out a week or two ago.  They look perfect for what i need.

The terrorists are soviet funded, i ll be needing transportation for them by land and sea and maybe air.  They will need soviet arms and also have AA. ( yes i dont want to make insertions too easy )  That guerrilla pack seems to have all needed for the units itself.

Civ stuff.  Cars to use, choppers maybe ( MTY Bells ? ) maybe some civ boats or whatever.

It could be i m also using DMX' Nogova police units since these delta s will probably come into action when these terrorists have been engaging police for an hour or so ...

Anyway, i need suggestion, about units, mission ideas ( although i have 3 already ) general tactics ( i m a military noob, so no clue how they would insert IRL etc ....

If it works out fine i ll be making the same missions using the HK units ( cause i love them ) with some german units ( choppers, trucks, etc ) suggestions there will be welcome too - i know lee will like that  wink_o.gif  -

And lets hope i ll get enough urge to finish this one 100% but with the forum and ppl's suggestions behind it i dont doubt this.

Also, i will release the missions seperate, so no waiting till i made 5 or more.

Cheers and looking forward to some suggestions !

JAP

/edit

Also need a good medevac and medical ground vehicle.

Why not use Edge's Retextured Guerrilla's for terrorists? I think they'd go well with this kind of mission, agreed? rock.gif

Why not use Edge's Retextured Guerrilla's for terrorists? I think they'd go well with this kind of mission, agreed?   rock.gif

Agreed,

Cause i m using them already ( that s the guerrilla pack i meant )

Quote[/b] ]For the terrorists i ve been looking at this guerrilla pack that came out a week or two ago. They look perfect for what i need.

Cheers

Nice,

Lotsa feedback ...

So i guess the ppl complaining about a lack of missions for new addons and islands are just spamming to get their postcount up .... rock.gif

Nvm, i ll make a selection myself smile_o.gif

Cheers

Been looking through some of my civ addons, I think for civ anything by martin, like you said MTY_Bell. For cars I use Luke Steel's civ car pack. Not sure about boats though, there's a horrible lack of good civilian addons  sad_o.gif  There are a few jetski's going around and phil commando made a ferry-type-addon-majig but I cant find it anywhere  sad_o.gif

Luke Steels Car Pack

Edit: Looky what I found...

Good ol' Martin

Thx Munk.

Civ boats i meant more like Martins Skiboat and small things like that.

Since it s a guerrilla squad if they use transport by land/air/sea ( well, maybe not land ) they will mostly use hijacked civ stuff. They really cant afford a chopper or an attackboat smile_o.gif

So far surely to be used :

Martins BELL's ( float & Civ )

Martins Skiboat

Gaz pack

Gaz limo

Edges retextured guerrilla's

BAS stuff ( probably all of it )

Gaia ofcourse

Thinking about using :

Peugeot boxer ( mechanic )

WG mod ( the hummers )

DMX' Nogova Police units