Sign in to follow this  
CSO Sulla

Whats Up with RH Intsall & V3 patch

Ok,

Now this seems like a major cock up. I have tried several times to play a H2H game since installing the new Red Hammer camp and lo and behold, its impossible to connect with "anyone" who is using the V 1.30 patch.

Now in releasing RH, it states all previous upgrades inc, ok, fair enough, so why will the 2 actually NOT hook up ?? Does this mean that anyone with the original game and all current patches CANNOT play somone with RH installed ??

Yes _

Or

No  _

Ok, BIS/Codemasters wants everyome to go and buy the RH, but man this stinks !! U guys are pissing off a serious amount of your fan base !!

Seriously, u have done so much right, but continue to cock it up !! Like the V1.30 patch, man that netcode stinks, Had better H2H games before that came out. If its not broken "don't fix it"

Well got that off my chest !!

Off to find someone with RH and see if I can FIND a game now !!

CSO_Sulla

CSO-Banner-OFP.gif

(Edited by CSO Sulla at 5:24 am on Dec. 6, 2001)

The MP problems when Gold Upgrade and other 1.30 version play together will be fixed in next patch.

Hey Mate,

Sure is the same Sulla from CC3 smile.gif

Hey man, the CC mods are still going lol, CSO Clan is still going strong (400 + members)

A lot of CC players are now playing OFP as well wink.gif

The patch is d*amn good news, as to play H2H I had to uninstall RH, which is major bloody pain !! Any news on when this patch will be out ?

Cheers

Sulla

I feel the same red hammer just sucks and how long are we going to have to wait for 1.4 to fix this prob 3 months??

1.4 will undoubtedly screw more things up.

The problem happens if the server has retail Gold Upgrade / Red Hammer installed but clients don't. Possible work around for now is to delete file VOICERH.PBO from directory ADDONS on the server.

Ok thats fair enough,

BUT, if you are playing a TCP/IP game or you are playing via DS, you are going to get a no-con situation from anyone who does not have RH installed.

I know that codemasters (I read somewhere) did the RH disk and campiagn, but surely it would have been possible to get some thought into this beforehand instead of "another" patch.

Man, I love OFP, its an awesome game, and haveing played mil sims and strat games for a long time, I know a good game when i see it. BUT, its getting to the point where it takes longer to install the patches than the original game !!

And so far, at least from a H2H point of view the patches peaked at 1.2 patch ! Thats the best H2H games I have had, now using the 3 patch, if a mission is overly large (which I thought was the poing of OFP ie: large scenariois and a alot of guys online playing together) the con just times out and I have a good adsl connection.

Guys, please get this osrted or migrate OFP to the gaming zone !! Anything to get a better game !!

CSO_Sulla

Thats funny I have had no problems playing with people who have or do not have RH. And I do.

Yo mate,

Do you have any idea when this patch is due out ??

I know a lot of people who cannot play H2h at mo, becuase of this !!

Sulla