Sign in to follow this  
russin

Unit specific triggers

I've searched the forum but could not find what I was looking for. I hope someone can help.

I've made a DM with transporters. Each soldier has his own trigger for transport and he is

grouped to it, as to not let anyone else set it off. I have a white in and a sound to go with

the transport. Problem is everyone gets the white In and sound no matter who is using it. How

do I make it so only the person using the transporter hears the sound and gets the white in?

If it is an sqs. file that needs to be used how would I set it up? Thanx.

this post is accully from a new member that can't login ill send pm to a admin with name and e-mail crazy_o.gif

Can you not set the activation of the trigger to:

<desiredunit> In chopper1

where desiredunit is the id of the unit, and chopper1 is the id of the helicopter the unit has to go in?

Sorry, I meant teleporter ... not transport. No helicopters used.

All triggers are global, so if the condition is true on all machines, then it will always set off the effects on all machines.

Example using above as an experiment:

If I am player B and Player A gets in to the chopper then

Yes, my trigger would be set off because Yes player A did get in to the chopper

So, what you need to do is prevent the trigger from going off on all machines:

in condition line:

(<unitname> in chopper) and (local <unitname>)

This way the first condition will be true on all machines but only the second will be true on the machine of the players unit and thus, it will only be set off then.

The only problem is if you have AI units grouped to triggers also. So if player A has 4 grouped units that have triggers too, his machine (which his group is local to) will execute it 5 times.

---I just realized you are not talking about choppers :P ----

Use this in the condition line:

(<unitname> in thislist) and (local <unitname>)

that is all you should need.....

CrashDome I copied and pasted what you posted and am getting an invalid expression. Was I to put all brackets and arrows as you have? I changed unitname to s1, the soldiers name.

No it should look like this:

(s1 in chopper) and (local s1)

The arrows were just there to show you they needed to be changed.

RED

the top thread is accully offski's i posted for him to up post totals crazy_o.gif

Thanx for the replies Red. I actually got it working but forgot to name the soldier s1. When I did name him s1, it stopped working and I could hear the sound and got the white in again. I need to test it in multiplayer with a bud I think. Thanx again.