Sign in to follow this  
Sharia

Creating a trigger? (or making it active)

Hi again, it's your local clueless guy...

I'm making a mission with the BAS blackhawks (in this case, you are using the Direct Action Penentrator gunship) and you are going off to destroy a supplies convoy that's backed up by light and medium armour.

When you have taken out the convoy, I want to trip a trigger when heading back to base, where I have to then go and assist a tank column that is under fire. (So basically, I want there to be a large trigger that you will hit no matter what route you take the base back (which I have done) to actually work when you've taken out the convoy. At the moment, it's just activating when I fly over it. So, is it possible to make a trigger either become active, or created in mid game?

Edit: I have a 2nd question. How would I have it so that I just have to take out the vehicles, and not whatever troops escape the vehicles? Cause if I put a large trigger covering the area set to carry it's action out when all the east aren't present... I have to take the time and effort to waste all the troops.

Since I don't want to start a new thread, how about spawning triggers.

Any way how or who, and if so how to define it once spawned (radius, condition, blah blah blah).

Why not have the trigger remain static, but cover a large area, but set the "activation condition"  to when player is NOT inside a chopper?

For example

(!Player In Chopper1) && (SecondPartOfTheGame == true)

where Chopper1 is the helicopter you fly and secondpartofthegame is a bool flag you set.

Also you could use arrays e.g. put the following code in a script, and exec it from a "WEST PRESENT" trigger:

_vehiclearray = [chopper1, chopper2]

_count = count _vehiclearray

_y = 0

#loop

? _y == _count: goto "end"

_vehicle = _vehiclearray select _y

? Player In _vehicle: SetAFlagForTriggerToPickUp = true

? SetAFlagForTriggerToPickUp: goto "end"

_y = y+1

goto "loop"

#end

exit

Makes more sense to me.

Also, you can group a unit with a trigger in the editor (via the group menu)

Finally for your second question, simplest way is to use:

trigger condition:

!alive (vehicle1) && !alive (vehicle2) && ! alive (vehicle3)

which should then fire the "win game sequence"

etc etc.

I dont know about spawning trigger in game , so i will try to answer the question 1 another way , as i am not sure at all for the question 2

question 1  :

You can create a trigger , that is activated by the destruction of the convoy , and in the On Activation line , you can put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">CONVOYOUT=true

Then in the trigger that detect your chopper on the way back to the base , in the trigger properties , replace the word (at the line Condition)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this

by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">CONVOYOUT

This way this trigger can only be activated when the first trigger (the convoy destruction one) is activated.

But if i remember well you should put (to avoid some problem)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

CONVOYOUT=false

in a trigger that begin at the start of the mission or in a init of a unit

Thanks Sanctuary.

Also, I found out how to make the trigger activate when the enemy vehicles can't move/shoot. (This includes when the crew evacs.)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">(not canmove east1 or not canfire east1) and not canmove east2 and not canmove east3 and not canmove east4 and (not canmove east5 or not canfire east5) and (not canmove east6 or not canfire east6)

So you know; East1 is a T72 tank, East 2 through 4 are URAL trucks, east5 is a BMP-1 APC, and east6 is a BMP-2 APC. You only need to set up the (not canmove <unitname> or not canfire <unitname>) with ARMED UNITS ONLY.