Sign in to follow this  
Falconer

How to reinstall your Red Hammer upgrade

Those of you who have bought the downloadable Red Hammer add-on like me probably also wondered how you were going to re-install the thing in the case you would somehow lose your Operation Flashpoint installation. The answer is very simple, since we're not actually dealing with a patch, but rather an add-on. The only thing that has changed to your Operation Flashpoint directory is the addition of two files. In the Campains directory, the redhammer.pbo file, and in the Addons directory the voicerh.pbo file. So, you'de better back those files up! Codemasters won't replace them without you paying them another 7 bucks. Just thought I'de let you know.

(Edited by Falconer at 4:41 pm on Dec. 13, 2001)

It works confused.gif?

You've tested it ? On the web site, they say you can't do any backup of Red Hammer (download version of course)

Thanks for the info Falconer. The possibility of windows dying permanently in the middle of RH campaign may be small, but it 's good to know how to be prepared. Btw, the strategy guide in the game's root folder (opf_prima_eng.pdf) came with the upgrade too, didn't it?

hmmmm not that im complaining cuzz i really wana get red hammer but $7.00 for a couple files? thats pretty expensive

Think about it like this , $7 buys OFP more life.

If they get more money CM may support BIS longer and that means more stuff for us , dont be tight , Feed a Programmer wink.gif

7$ = files

15$ = files + box

You really want to pay 8$ for a box ? And some papers ?

If we can make a backup of the files, we just need to burn it and put the backup CD in the OFP box...

Red Oct - don´t be so cheap!

I have just downloaded and paid for the Red Hammer campaign, did a backup as well. I promise I will not share the backup with ANYONE. If you want it, you pay for it and download it from Codemasters.

Gotta go.. Red Hammer, here I come!

Hidden

Yes it works, tested and verified it myself. It doesn't matter where you put the strategy guide, the game does not use it.

Oh and it's definitily worth buying it, the missions are highly enjoyable. Besides, there's no relation between software size and quality really. You have large programs which suck and really small ones worth millions. And vice-versa.