Sign in to follow this  
chartier

Problem with ai to cross a bridge in nogova

Hi!

I have a problem to get AI cross the bridge in Nogova island. Tanks tend to get stuck when trying to get on the bridge from eastern side. Seems like there is a small height difference between the bridge and ground because when tanks/BMPs try to get on the bridge they just make a little bounces and not getting forward. Does anyone have the same problem/solution to this?

I'm using OFP v1.91 and AI behaviour is "SAFE" so they would use the existing road and not to go round the bridge by swimming across :-)

Sorry if this has been dealt earlier but I searched the posts but didn't find any threads concerning this subject.

BR,

Chartier

I'm not 100% sure, but try to make several waypoints along the bridge. E.G. Waypoint 1 would be 1/10 of the way accross, the next would be 2/10 accross etc.

I don't know this, i'm just having a rough guess, but try it out anyway. Tell me if it works! wink_o.gif

i´ve never experienced this before.

try this:

2 waypoints

*the first close before the beginning of the bridge:

behavior: safe

formation: column

combat mode: hold fire

*the second close after the end of it:

same as above

this always worked for me

Hi!

Thanks for helping me! I got the tanks to go over the bridge by positioning the two waypoints just on the edge of the bridge and with "limited" speed. If the speed was "normal" or "full" the tanks tend to dive into the bridge (half the tank inside the mesh)! Maybe because that little cap/step between the bridge and ground...

BR,

Chartier

The troop problem happens all the time. Almost nothing you can do about it that i've learned except praying that they'll go across instead of trying to forge the river biggrin_o.gif