Sign in to follow this  
thirtyg

New weapons for ADF

Anyone catch Dateline last night?

There story seems to stack up. While it disappoints me that the ADF would do things like this, i'm not really suprised for some reason.

Ow and it was also annouced that we finally get an upgraded munitions factory. Didn't realise this was the case at all.

No, missed it, but I'm not sure whether I really care about a few little slip ups. I'm still rather peeved at the media storm after alligations that an SAS soldier kicked a corpse. When one, it's a corpse, generally corpses don't feel anything and two, Kiwi soldiers testified that the soldier never kicked the corpse. I'd rather wait for the Ministers response before I take any sides.

I wasn't suprised about us having a WWII spec munitions factory still operating today. Theres basically a munitions dump about 15 k's away from my place that supply's (or used to supply) RAAF Edinburugh. Completly unguarded, dilapidated buildings/bunkers and from one of the buildings visible from the road alongside, a broken window with the inside stacked with wooden crates. God knows whats in them. Hopefully not munitions. I'd be way too easy to tamper with them should anyone take the risk, as theres only a flock of sheep stopping anything.

No, missed it, but I'm not sure whether I really care about a few little slip ups. I'm still rather peeved at the media storm after alligations that an SAS soldier kicked a corpse. When one, it's a corpse, generally corpses don't feel anything and two, Kiwi soldiers testified that the soldier never kicked the corpse. I'd rather wait for the Ministers response before I take any sides.

This was a bit more than kicking a dead corpse, plus they talked about the none transparent nature of the ADF investigations.

These militia dudes alledged that they were lightly ruffed up (kicked and hit) put in a room with a big wasp nest which the soldiers then stirred so that they got stung multiple times and then had there heads shoved in a toilet full of shit. Considering that these guys are located all over Indo and havent seen each other since the operation their stories were suprisingly similar to each other.

Considering that these guys are located all over Indo and havent seen each other since the operation their stories were suprisingly similar to each other.

Oh. They may not have seen each other since the conflict, but are they able to prove they never contacted each other?

Transparency into Australian military operations has never ever really been there. Such cases goes as recent to the F-111 cockpit sealant scandal and whatnot. Who knows what ASIO gets up to. They could be looking at this thread for all we know,  tounge_o.gif .

Oh well, the majority of the Military people I know are very freindly and intelligent people. Were these soldiers acting out of or under orders? I wish I saw the program. Pitty was too busy.