Sign in to follow this  

Community Pessimism

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Rogue on 10:59 pm on Dec. 18, 2001

It´s obvious that you personally dont care about multiplayer with your slow motion connection, otherwise statements like yours wouldn´t be made. Make a poll in this forum about how many people prefer a solid multiplayer and overall gaming experience, if you cant see the truth in my words.

The bugs and low performance isn´t exclusive to multiplayer, but also singleplayer.

Longvity and perspective for game has always depended on multiplayer capabilities, Flashpoint hasn´t got these to an satisfying extent. This is why many server parks are unwilling to offer Flashpoint servers.

<span id='postcolor'>

That's a very ignorant post. If I started a poll in this forum about who would want a solid MP experience, of course most people would say they do. But that's because they obviously have an internet connection! There are a lot of people who don't have an internet connection at all, much less broadband. These are the people who prefer a solid SP experience, and don't care about multiplayer. There are more of those than you seem to realise.

I was gonna say pretty much what you just said Random but I have a single point to add:

Even if you do have an internet connection - like most of us - there's a good chance you don't want to rack up a huge phone bill and so like me you haven't even tried MP because there's no point getting into it. (Come on NTL where's that free internet CD you promised you would send me by the end of November!).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Black Op on 11:40 pm on Dec. 18, 2001

without a join mid game feature proffesional servers such as jolt, blueyonder and barrysworld are never going to get involved with ofp<span id='postcolor'>

they don't set up OFP servers because it requires maintenance and admin to keep the games going in a good manor. unlike CS, DOD, UT ect.

where they just set it up and leaves the monkeys to have fun in their cage.

on top of that, they need to put in those extra maps and addons all the time. CS just needs an update every 6 month. like i said: admin. and thats a thing they can't offer (and we can't blaim them).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Random on 3:27 am on Dec. 19, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Rogue on 10:59 pm on Dec. 18, 2001

It´s obvious that you personally dont care about multiplayer with your slow motion connection, otherwise statements like yours wouldn´t be made. Make a poll in this forum about how many people prefer a solid multiplayer and overall gaming experience, if you cant see the truth in my words.

The bugs and low performance isn´t exclusive to multiplayer, but also singleplayer.

Longvity and perspective for game has always depended on multiplayer capabilities, Flashpoint hasn´t got these to an satisfying extent. This is why many server parks are unwilling to offer Flashpoint servers.

<span id='postcolor'>

That's a very ignorant post. If I started a poll in this forum about who would want a solid MP experience, of course most people would say they do. But that's because they obviously have an internet connection! There are a lot of people who don't have an internet connection at all, much less broadband. These are the people who prefer a solid SP experience, and don't care about multiplayer. There are more of those than you seem to realise.

<span id='postcolor'>

It´s also ignorant to assume that those people playing offline would be the scalemodel for further design of Flashpoint. As you correctly realised, those people cant voice themselves, they havn´t participated in the online beta test, nor in forums because they have no internet connection. They get our input and feedback to BIS in form of patches!

You have an internet connection, thats why you post here, if your connection is not good enough to participate in online gaming, or you have no flatrate and your budget is to little, you are indeed irrelevant when it comes to multiplayer, sorry for saying it this drastic, but thats the way it is, especially when you say you are not intersted in MP anyways.

The single player part is not going to suffer under a good multiplayer, is it that what you are fearing, that thousands of players enjoy Flashpoint online and you have to play with yourself, i couldn´t care less.

It can´t be difficult to see that with multiplayer a game either lives or dies in the long run, its the most important thing as we see with all halflife clones.

It´s online where all those mods are realized, its online where the community is to find, not offline.

Noone would play Halflife nowadays because the graphics are outdated and concept is simplistic, but it has helluva multiplayer, thats why the game lasts for half a decade. I want the same thing with Flashpoint!

While I recognize the importance of MP for a game's community, I think it would be wrong to downplay or ignore the importance of SP. I'm an SP-only gamer by choice, and that's got a lot to do with the maturity levels of people I tend to meet in MP. I agree that makes me irrelevant as far as MP goes. Even so, to suggest that people like me doesn't have a voice in the online community is pretty harsh. I also don't agree that a game's longevity and perspective always have to rely on MP, one example being the Civ series.

With all the "pieces 'o crap" being released nowadays you'd think people would appreciate the few good ones that come along.