Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Trooper

Red Hammer mission help plz

In the redhammer 'grounded' mission i can't seem to get through the last bit of destroying the vulcan and the m117 tanks b4 they get to our troops. I can get the refuel truck and get airborn again but then after repairing..run out of time b4 the tanks shoot up the ground troops. I can normally get the vulcan and maybe one or two tanks!!!

Also as soon as they get to them the mission ends and can't use the saved game...resets back to the begining!!!

Please advise.

Ta

RT

This is indeed the hardest mission of the campaign. I did finish it, but only after dozens retries.

The way to succeed is: fly slow and low. And engage the convoy from behind, in exactly the same direction as they are moving. Then your missilles have a good chance to hit the targets. If you are firing on a moving target from the side, you are guaranteed to miss.

I usually have better luck when I hit them from the front, as hitting them from the back carries the risk of the missile detonating aimlessly on the ground. From the front you can almost get level with them and use the rockets like bullets. Whichever ever way suits you the best, is always the best! smile.gif