Sign in to follow this  
partieboi

Textures

hi ive searched the forums and can't find anything on this

the problem im havin is with the eden textures and the rest of the island textures that are already in the game, ive got them all in the data folder when i put a texture on some of my land that bit of land is white in buldozer but other textures like custom textures work find, its not that i have to reload buldozer coz ive done it loads of times can anyone help me

are the textures in ofp white, too? rock.gif

mostly white terrain appears if you ven't configured the texture path in visitor corectly

don't know about in flashpoint but ive got grass all over my island and i tryed putting sand and rock on and the places i put rock and sand go white in buldozer but the grass is fine

ALL terrain textures(custom and eden) should be in the same folder, and not in the data folder, the data folder is for object textures only...

The island textures are supposed to be in the folder you created for your islands files (pew). Make sure you point to the right folder in 'system preferences'...

PS, did you copy the 'Eden PBO' from the original game folder and dePBO it, then put it in buldozer?. There are'nt any textures included in buldozers original install (actualy, maybe Landtex has?)...

If you follow kegetys guide to set up buldozer you should'nt get these texture path problems...

when i try 2 add the textures only the pac files show up the paa files don't how can i add the paa files 2 use on my island coz the paa files r the textures i want

yeah of course

only write the first letters of the paa texture and it should show it on the list

ok somebody knows how i add textures from O.pbo and some from my island directory because in the o.pbo some transitional textures are missing sad_o.gif

[hint] I learnt all this stuff by reading this forum (all 9 pages) [/hint]

You have to type:

*.paa

into the place where the texture name goes, then all the paa files will appear. It's a good idea to 'copy' the *.paa line because you have to retype it EVERY time you want to add a paa texture. Pasting it in is a lot quicker wink_o.gif ...

Use the res 'Landtex' file. Nogova did'nt use all the textures available, so they are'nt in the O(nogova).PBO...

tnx i got the paa files to show but when i use them they still show white in buldozer i don't get this at all it should work fine shoulden it, the only paa file in the eden folder that works is the TN one thats the grass but thats it, im trying 2 use ps.paa 4 sand and sz.paa 4 rock, but they show white in buldozer rock.gif?rock.gifsad_o.gif

ok ok im stupid lol yes i didnt set the texture folder lol, it works all fine now ty guys u have helped alot biggrin_o.gif

I just tried LandText myself and it did'nt work (read somewhere else that it did!) I cut and pasted them into O to see what happens, there are loads there that are'nt in O, I'll let you know if it's useful...

Which transitionals are missing exactly?...

all combinations of snow (n1), many of cliff (l1) and some between t1 and ps

copy them into O has no effect because they arent in the o.pbo of ofp

i ll look again for this problem

edit: the only solution i can find is to put them ALL in the island directory -> huge size mad_o.gif

hope you find a better solution sad_o.gif

Can you add pt as a variant to ps (set it to 0 percent) so it uses t1t1ptpt instead of t1t1psps?...

in buldozer its very foggy so u can't see much only if u get very close how can i reduce the fog is there a way

Quote[/b] ]in buldozer its very foggy so u can't see much only if u get very close how can i reduce the fog is there a way

Prolly an exe param like -nofog but I wouldn't go trying, God knows what will happen.

Quote[/b] ]Can you add pt as a variant to ps (set it to 0 percent) so it uses t1t1ptpt instead of t1t1psps?...

The filename is formed out of the 4 corners of the square. So That would be simply t1 in the bottom left and right, ps in top left and right. Or the other way around... heh. So it is what it is and you can't go changing it and making it be the same as in O.pbo.

I too come up with huge islands, from 33 to 44 megs so this is an issue. But I fear it's one w/o a solution. You either have to make texture blends similar to ones on existing islands, which would be dull. But even using BIS textures wont satisfy some of us... But happy hunting on this wink_o.gif

When you say 'noe textures' , you mean O.pbo' don't you? I can't find a 'noe.pbo' with any textures in it rock.gif ...

The land textures in O.pbo weigh in at 50MB!, when cut from the rest of the stuff (170MB all included)...

of course i ment the o.pbo (every good mission maker knows that noe=novgoda; abel=malden; eden=everon; cain=kolgujev)

but looks like there is still no solution, but with makePbo you can compress your files (very long) and you will not get 170 MB

O.pbo complete is 170MB, not a complete map file using O.pbo textures smile_o.gif . I don't understand why Eden is less than 10MB (or why noe does'nt contain it's own textures like eden/cain/abel), does the resolution make that much difference? (five times! rock.gif )...

The only solution is to use the textures as they were made to be. As long as you use snow with only s2 there is no problem (well I don't get one wink_o.gif ). Use b1 as the grass that is next to the beach (I use it beacause it looks patchy/sandy anyway, I did'nt know there was a problem, it just looked right). I use l1 only as a variable for s2 so I have no problem there either...

Quote[/b] ]The filename is formed out of the 4 corners of the square. So That would be simply t1 in the bottom left and right, ps in top left and right. Or the other way around... heh. So it is what it is and you can't go changing it and making it be the same as in O.pbo.

I was hoping visitor would 'auto~add' a t1/pt variant (not transitional) instead of leaving a void. I had no intention of changing anything...

You could physicaly add a t1~pt texture anywhere there's a t1~ps 'hole' if visitor does'nt do it automaticaly...