Sign in to follow this  
Towelie

Some more suggestions

Hey guys and girls. tounge_o.gif

I've got some suggestions for OFP2. They're small, but I think they would enhance the gameplay. Otherwise I wouldn't suggest anything, would I now? biggrin_o.gif

1. Better tracer fire.  I'm still impressed with the tracer fire of M1 tank platoon II. It would be great at dawn/sunset/night to see some infantry/mechanised infantry battle going on with tracers coming from multiple directions, with the tracers looking like the real thing, also have them in different colours... Maybe incendiary bullets would be a nice addition as well? E.g. you can burn bush/shacks with them etc... you know where I'm going with this. Also think ricocheting tracers.. wouldn't that be cool?

2. Damage to buildings. It'd be great, if you're firing at buildings, anything that's built up from stone/concrete etc, to have dust/debris crumble out, but to actually have the wall eaten away as well. This could be for the regular small arms, having a 5.56mm round knocking out pieces, up to .50 cal actually blowing holes through the walls, to a shell/rocket/heavy calibre knocking walls down etc... it'd be cool as well if the damage stayed that way for the further campaign. Maybe big blocks could lay around, which were blown away etc during a previous battle. Remaining tank wrecks etc would be nice as well... Also, better implementation of exploding ammunitions in burning vehicles, getting injured by stone fragments, etc..

3. Realistic fighting in built-up areas. Hmmm.. I'm thinking here of smooth movement between buildings, capacity of knocking out the windows, laying proper ambushes, actually going into the buildings to smoke the enemy out, having proper combat, e.g. in entering a church, large mansions etc...

4. Damage to personnel.  Yeah. More gore, blown-off limbs, blood splatters on vehicles/walls/troops when someone gets hit badly next to them, corpses which get crushed more if something rides over them, more physical modelling like in hitman/hitman2 for the corpses etc... you get the picture.

5. some general remarks. It would be great to have storyline as we have had now, but it would be even better if we would also get a sort of a dynamic campaign map. You could take tactical division/army-level decisions over a big map of central europe, where all units would be displayed. Logistics and tactical nukes could play a role in this as well. On the map itself, it'd be cool if you could call in air/artillery/armoured-support, maybe even a small tactical nuke on large troop concentrations etc... I can imagine it'd be very hard to portray realistically the carnage this would bring...

Anyways, I hope BIS could implement some of these features into OFP2. OFP is a great product, I hope OFP2 will equal this and even more hope it gets even better! (tracer tracer, damage to buildings, ...  wink_o.gif )

Cheers smile_o.gif

On the tracer thing a cool effect would be when your wearing NVgoggles you see that big ball of light flying towards the enemy like you see on gulf war footage. a big night battle with tanks infanry and helos would be amazing like that

I agree. Those nocturnal battles would be really cool to watch it with NV and without... Imagine if the damage to vehicles included turrets blowing off, burning parts flying around etc... Ahhh I'm dreaming! :P

i'd love to do that scene in we were soldiers

it's middle of night

as squad is missing

they hear summat

ask for illumination and BAM!

20 seconds/ 300 rounds later it all goes quite again

man that would be fun...

I agree with all your suggestions Towelie, except the damage to personnel. I would like better modelling of injuries but I could live without extra blood and brain splatters on me as I play. I don't want to like like I've just played paintball with red balls! wink_o.gif

can't beleive i missed this thread, but i think it would be more constructive if we can utilize existing threads.

closing.