Sign in to follow this  
JOHN007

Ai seemingly stood on water

Hello ARMA community.

A rare occurrence sometimes one AI enemy is just stood on top of the ocean? Here is a thread with basically the same issue with included screenshot, its the same.

The Ai does not react at all to incoming fire, they just stand there on top of the water, they do not move at all, once shot they clip through the water and vanish? Its such a strange bug, does anyone have any idea why this occurs?

I do have boats patrolling the waters, could an Ai jump out of a boat and bug out on the water?

Here is a link to the issue.

AI Dying In Water - Potential Bug - ARMA 2 & OA : MISSIONS - Editing & Scripting - Bohemia Interactive Forums

SOS

That only happened in ArmA 2 Standalone, it doesn't happen in OA or CO, if it happened to you in OA or CO it must be some script or mod.

Thanks for the reply Dalber and hope you are good.

We use ARMA2 CO v1.6 DVD version with ACE2 and some other Ai mods, if memory serves me correctly this occurred when I started adding patrol boats to MSO and we have only seen this issue on the Cherno map, this is so strange but you mentioned it only occurred with ARMA2 standalone, isn't the Cherno map part of ARMA2 standalone? Maybe we need a newer version of the map seeing as we use v1.6?

You might be onto something here, could I download ARMA2 from Steam and copy/paste the Cherno map from Steam to the DVD v1.6 directory? Going into test mode.

Thanks Dalber!

12 hours ago, JOHN007 said:

could I download ARMA2 from Steam and copy/paste the Cherno map

"It is not necessary, they are exactly the same version"

I think it is a mission issue, MSO is if I remember correctly, all scripted, the units that appear are created by scripts, surely the problem is due to some script.

Many bugs and strange things that happen during missions are not bugs in ArmA itself, they are bugs produced by scripts or mods.
 The information that there was regarding this problem at the time was from ArmA 2 Standalone when it had just come out, the first versions, but I don't know if it was really like that or if it was just that nobody tested it correctly at that time. To get rid of your doubt, try without using MSO and you will see that you cannot reproduce the same problem.

Thanks for the reply Dalber.

This is really strange as I've never seen this occur on other maps with ocean/water/rivers etc it only occurs with the Cherno map.

I wonder if it could be a server configuration as I set maxmsgs to 6k which maybe too much, I dont have 6k messages on other maps, the game plays solid FPS with this setting.

I need to replicate the issue again, see if there is any patrol boats nearby, I believe one of the Ai units is dismounting a patrol boat and bugging out on the water. Then again it maybe the server config or a script from adding patrol boats, the possibilities are endless here I have no idea at the moment.

Wish us luck, thanks Dalber!