Sign in to follow this  
JOHN007

Scopes/Binocs have thermal imaging after using TWS scopes

Hello ARMA community.

We have had this issue for years now and would really like to fix this once and for all, I know not many players are on ARMA2 but its still a great simulator.

Basically when you sight a TWS scope and then select the binocs/vector you get thermal imaging, or on another weapon ie acog scope. We thought it was a mod/addon causing this but it isn't the case its a BIS issue.

Here are some threads with the issue, it also occurs with ARMA3 but the devs apparently fixed the issue, how did they fix this?

T75346 Thermal Imaging can be exploited to be available on any scoped weapon (bistudio.com)

I think I found a bug that gives normal scopes thermal vision in arma 3... : r/arma (reddit.com)

Also sometimes the TWS scope is turned off and has to be reactivated with 'N' which is unrealistic as you cannot operate a TWS scope turned off.

SOS

I've been trying to reproduce this without success... I've been testing and it just hasn't happened, could it be some script or mod that's interfering?

Thanks for the reply Dalber and hope you are good.

Can I ask what version of ARMA2 are you testing with? Do you have both ARMA2 and ARMA2 OA installed? We use the ARMA2 CO v1.6 DVD version. Really appreciate you testing this, I wonder if BIS actually fixed the issue on newer versions of ARMA2? This issue did occur for years on ARMA2 and ARMA3 and from what I've researched its been fixed on ARMA3.

I wonder if we could somehow port over the FLIR/TWS scripts from the newer version of ARMA2 into ARMA2 CO v1.6? Can I ask do you have any idea where the scripts for the FLIR/TWS are located in ARMA2?

If we use the Steam version of ARMA2 it breaks MSO and 99% of our mods which is such a shame. I can only hope we can port over the fixes.

Thanks Dalber!

Hi John, I tested with Steam version 1.63, I also have the retail versions of OFP, Armed Assault and ArmA 2 and A2OA, but it didn't occur to me to try with 1.62, I don't know where the FLIR is, I'll take a look to see if I can find the scripts.

Thanks for the reply Dalber.

I wonder if the issue was fixed with v1.63? I wish we could contact the devs here for some info on this. That would be brilliant if you could locate the scripts for the FLIR as I have no idea where they could be located? If it's fixed for v1.63 then I hope we can port over the scripts to v1.6 DVD that would be fantastic! There is hope here.

Thanks again Dalber.