Sign in to follow this  
FoxClubNiner

Waypoints and Dedicated Server

Are there known compatibility issues with a dedicated server and waypoints? I'm having an issue getting a helicopter to land (works fine in the editor). Here's the setup:

1. Helicopter has a hold waypoint.

2. Players enter trigger zone that removes the hold waypoint with:

deleteWaypoint [group heli, 1];

3. Helicopter flies to invisible helipad but wont land.

However, oddly enough if I remove the hold waypoint from the mission alltogether, the helicopter has no problem landing on the server.  Something about the hold waypoint breaks it. Is there a way I could script this hold waypoint maybe? Or maybe I could use somesort of script that freezes the unit in place until I need it?

Okay after messing around for a few hours I figured it out. It isn't the hold way points that are the problem on dedicated servers. It's how I was deleting them to progress the way points. That works fine in SP but on dedicated it wont work. What you have to do is setup a SkipWaypoint trigger. I used a variable in the condition: PickUsUpVariable; And in my addAction I set the variable to true.

Can I take a moment to vent? Why does everything have to break on a dedicated server?? It's so frustrating having something work in the editor only to find out you need to do hours of diagnosis to get it working on a dedicated server. Ugh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FoxClubNiner said:

Why does everything have to break on a dedicated server?? It's so frustrating having something work in the editor only to find out you need to do hours of diagnosis to get it working on a dedicated server.

"Story of my life". 😂

• Like 2