Sign in to follow this  
cosmic10r

CosmiC10Rs Laser Light Show

CosmiC10Rs Laser Light Show    

https://reforger.armaplatform.com/workshop/616D46068078051D-IRLaserLightShow

Link since its on page 5 as it uses the same GUID as my test version.

I debated merging the thread to the suppressor pack but because they are separate mods and it’s likely the same amount of work to keep a thread with two mods updated here we are.

I would have just integrated this into the suppressor pack but I made the poor foresight decision of not including RHS in that dependency and so I would need to rebuild it all again which isn’t really that bad but it’s a lot of of configuration to maintain two or redo one now. So I will start with this separated and if becomes a huge problem maybe one day I can do an all in one.

It is one drawback of the current system in Enfusion despite some of its advantages such as even being able to do this mod.

First of all, all credit to RHS for their fantastic laser system. Having the visible lasers is just required for me now as well as having the radial menu and other nice features. Basically this would not exist without the wizardry of the RHS folks so all credit to them. When I saw the models I wondered if I could get them in game to the same functionality that existed and that was only possible due to their system.

This pack includes the

-Eotech Ngal

-B.E. Meyers Mawl

-Rheinmetall LLM-VarioRay with and without push button

Features

-Working spinning button although I have only hooked into the RHS system. The button spins are not lined up to the model properly so that’s a “to do”. I can figure that out I think. I just haven’t had time.

-5 LODs for performance

Likely coming updates

-          Eotech OGL

-          Wilcox Raider

-          Steiner Dbal A2

-Some positioning updates as they are offset a bit in some cases.

Issues

– Positioning of the interaction button is a problem when you hold down R and look at your gun. I think I’ve got it worked out but I haven’t tested in on all rails and some attachments overlap a bit. The Mawl was particularly bad and time consuming due to its offset mount. Still worth it lol

- Positioning of the Lasers on the rails on certain guns in certain slots. For instance on the HK416 the Vario ray hovers on the top rail but is properly positioned on the side rails. This is set by the rifle so I’m not sure I can influence this

- Positioning of button of Vario ray when gun has no side rail. It hovers. I’m still thinking about how I could address this. I could theoretically have a rail in the model but I just cant have a prefab for every gun in every slot.

- Positioning of Mawl, I had to move this a little bit back in space because I inherited the RHS laser and the model of the Mawl was causing flickering of the laser due to collision issues with the where the light entity is generated.

-Positioning of Laser to the specific models exact laser output location.

I may ask RHS if they would allow me to have the laser file so I could reposition it for this mod but I hate bugging those guys as they are always helping people and likely get tons of emails all the time asking for things. The current laser positioning is setup directly for the ANPEQs so its not accurate these models entirely and I tried to inherit the light entity and adjust it in space but workbench didn’t want to seem to retain that on the inherited version.

- Im pretty sure the button that spins on the Mawl is not the correct one for the IRL so I will maybe figure out how that one functions and set it up differently as it should be.

Note – I’ve tried to follow existing folder structures as well as follow RHS’s setup for LODs in terms of count as best I could. The hope is to have the mod as close to reference structure based on my current ability admittedly limited as it is.

Models – Purchased by me and brought into game by me. All the important stuff like making them actual Lasers done by RHS.

20240522191020-1.jpg

20240519205841-1.jpg

v0.0.1 public is now live which is really v0.0.8

As you can see i had to revise it a bunch of times as i tried to fix one problem but created another lol.

I did fix a few of the mounting issues. However its not perfect to every gun so sometimes you have to match the laser to the gun and not vice versa.

NOTE – These inherit from the ANPEQ15 for laser location. Until I can make my own laser and flashlight function to be properly located to these models it will have to stay that way or the laser is on the wrong side of the gun to the model location. I have managed to create a laser in Blender but haven’t got it working or looking right in game.

Currently issued in the USMC, the AN/PEQ-16B helps to consolidate the number of attachments on the hand guards of infantry weapons, including the visible, and infrared lasers, an infrared illuminator, and a white-light illuminator for urban or dark environments where night vision devices may be impractical or not available. The PEQ-16 can be operated via a separate pressure pad or an integrated button pad. The PEQ-16 combines the functions of the previous PEQ-15 with a visible white-light illuminator.[1]

its not pretty but its a start lol

laser.png

should have an update out this weekend with the Dbal, Eotech Ngol and Wilcox Raid Xe. The Ngol and Raid have black and fde and the dbal has a black version adding 5 more.

also added Steiner Otal C in FDE and Black and the big news. corrected all the laser and light locations. 

All will follow IRL standards so the Vario Ray and dbal will have white visible light with RHS anpeq16 and all the rest will only have visible lasers and IR lasers but no visible flashlight so you will need to run a light on another rail with those 

some final testing and im hoping to push it out tomorrow

New list is

Steiner Otal C - Black and FDE

Steiner Dbal A2 - Black

Wilcox Raid XE - Black and FDE

BE Meyers Mawl C1+ = Black

Eotech Ngal - FDE

Eotech Ngol - Black and Bronze/FDE

LLM VarioRay - without button Black and FDE, With button Black and FDE

For 13 total

On 6/6/2024 at 6:16 PM, cosmic10r said:

also added Steiner Otal C in FDE and Black and the big news. corrected all the laser and light locations. 

All will follow IRL standards so the Vario Ray and dbal will have white visible light with RHS anpeq16 and all the rest will only have visible lasers and IR lasers but no visible flashlight so you will need to run a light on another rail with those 

some final testing and im hoping to push it out tomorrow

New list is

Steiner Otal C - Black and FDE

Steiner Dbal A2 - Black

Wilcox Raid XE - Black and FDE

BE Meyers Mawl C1+ = Black

Eotech Ngal - FDE

Eotech Ngol - Black and Bronze/FDE

LLM VarioRay - without button Black and FDE, With button Black and FDE

For 13 total

Updated to the workshop just now. V0.0.9 as above