Sign in to follow this  
cosmic10r

CosmiC10R's Suppressors pack

Hi all, 

I've moved a number of suppressors into the game using "Royalty free" and some I have personally paid for and I intend to release it as a pack once I figure out the optimal structure for the files and get a better understanding of the materials.

I have confirmed that the purchased ones are allowed to be included in the mod with the authors as long as the source files are not redistributed.

A couple of questions I do have though.

With PBR materials, do I need to do anything special with the 5 materials I get. I already get the base color (BCR) and the normal map but do I need to do anything with roughness and does the height map setting add any value?

Answer - Pufu helped me with this in the Discord so I should be good with this.

I cant seem to get these configured with Bacon loadout so they are accesible via that menu and can be changed in there. Is anyone familiar with that configuration so the accessories can be adjusted on the firearm directly through Bacon Loadout?

Answer - Bacon helped me with this. Im working on getting the PBR right currently. Ill post some pics when Im confident in the texture flow.

Ill try to maintain a list of contents.

unnamed suppressor 5.56 - free 

daniel defence 5.56 - free, fixed mesh

m42000 5.56 - free

AWC Thundertrap .308 - Free

wd40 can suppressor 9x19 - Free, fixed mesh

KAC PRT - Paid

KAC PRT MCQ - Paid

Otter Creek Polonium 5.56 - Paid

Cordura and Legion Covers - Paid

Cover with elastic - Paid

Manta Cover - Paid

Most versions will come naked and with a covered version and a Manta version if it makes sense. 

At a certain point its going to just be too many with color variations and wrapped versions. If one version has 3 colors and then 2 wrapped versions then its 3-5 versions a suppressor which puts it up to 24-40 already before surefire or any other wraps

I think Ive got a handle on the texture channels for the PBR (thanks to Pufu, Zelik and Soul Assassin) and I just need to make sure Im doing the correct things with the models.

Bacon helped me get them working in that Arsenal but I need to double check that its functioning as intended

kac-PRTmcq.png

otter.png

• Like 1

V0.0.1 Is now on the workshop

Suppressor Pack with included contents

5.56 - Basic Long Suppressor, M4 2000, AWC Thundertrap, KAC PRT, KAC PRT MCQ, KAC PRT with Manta cover, Russian PBS1, Russian PBS 4

.308 – AWC Thundertrap

Pistol 9x19 – WD 40 can

Also a Suppressor Weapons box for GM to spawn with an M16 from Bacon that will support the suppressors if for some reason they are locked out of the mission and you have to get them.

Things to come once I get some idea of how its working for people.

Moar Suppressors, Otter Creek Polonium, More Manta covers, multiple suppressor wraps, Magazines, novelty and otherwise

I have done some testing but will be interested to hear any issues.

Known issues –

Muzzle location is inside suppressor due to current setup for muzzle flash in the game engine.

Aks do not currently support suppressors from the ones I have seen. So the PBS1 and 4 are more of a long term thing I hope to see.

A couple of the suppressors have a slickness to the texture. Still working on specularity.

Thanks to all the modders especially Bacon for all his additions like the dependencies used here.

Thanks to Pufu, Zelik and Soul Assassin on the Arma Discord for putting me on the right path with the textures and learning how the PBR works.

All models are Free or Paid for by me using Royalty free licence.

20240511161946-1.jpg

20240514182513-1.jpg

• Like 1

Suppressor Pack with included contents v0.0.2

Updated list for 19 total.

5.56 – KAC PRT MCQ BLK, PRT FDE, PRT covered Black, PRT MCQ covered in Blk and FDE, Banish 5.56, Otter Creek Polonium 5.56

.308 – AWC Thundertrap with Manta, Otter Creek Polonium 7.62

Pistol 9x19 – no new additions

All Suppressors now have 5 LODs for performance.

Reworked the file system as its getting rather large in there.

• Like 1