Sign in to follow this  
Yamato

Object height

Hi.

I'm working on an island for a MOD right now, and I have some issues.

1)

Anyways, I was trying to make a cave using stone objects (remember the times when ppl used to go into mission editor and place bunch of objects with SETPOS [] and make a fort, etc?), but although things look fine in Visitor, the heights are reset when I load them on OFP.

Also, I had trouble making ports because all the objects sink sad_o.gif

Are there ways to place objects above 0m and keep it that way?

2)

Does anyone know what the units in Visitor is? is it the "game-metre"?

3)

Does anyone know the lowest possible height that sea level rises to? (I don't think it's below 0, but is wondering...)

I also have this problem with making a pile of junk in a dump ghostface.gif

ad 1)

I have the same problem. When I change high of object in Visitor, it´s look OK in Buldozer, but when I export this island to *.wrp, pack in *.pbo and use in mission editor, all highs are set back to zero. I can´t find solution, please HEEEEEELP.

ad 2)

Yes, it is the "game-metre". All in OFP use metric system.

ad 3)

Try it. Make some terrain on the beath and set highs to -2, -1, 0, 1, 2 meters. Then put some objects at this places (trees for example, "borovice" at -2 m, "briza" at -1 m, "smrk" at 0 m...) and look in Buldozer which objects are in water.

Have a look at OFP INFO under the search box item: OBJECTS WRP

I tried hard, but I´m still unable to find anything about "height of the objects" problem.

Please help me.

erratum: sorry, gave a wrong search item for ofp info page. It's not 'objects wrp' but 'object wrp' you have to look for. There is a word doc, which describes something about objects above the surface (object wrp tutorial). Hope that may help something.