Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

The engagement

Some Cooperative missions sometimes tantalize people into playing them. Of course, playing against other players is always a challenge, and playing against the imbecilic AI in OFP usually makes people throw the mission away.

I wanted to change all this, and attempt to give people a mission that completely depends on the way they go about their objectives.

The mission contains 2 playable sides, West and Resistance. Both teams have a diffrent starting location, and both have individual scenarios that they need to overcome.

The West has a nice and easy drop off by boat, supplied by many weapons and ammunition that they need.

The Resistance however, also has supplies that they need, but need to prepare for an assault by the soviets.

The second the mission starts, it's a map of entire freedom. Your mission objectives are directly infront of you, and you and your team need to make accurate plans to accomplish them all.

The mission takes place on the Island of Nogova, during the Resistance campaign that came in the expansion pack. The mission is a cooperative mission which allows you to Bomb, Sabotage, Fly, Clean out areas, and Snipe out enemies if you choose to.

The mission takes up about half of the Nogova Island on the Southern part.

With 3 people, this mission took us exactly 1 hour and 8 minutes to complete by ourselves, and originally we started off with 8 people.

Those 5 people, all died on the first mission objective. Which brings me to another fact:

If you are a RAMBO wannabie, in OFP, listen to me, you'll die instantly,

I guarentee.

---------------------------------------

I recommend using versons 1.90 or higher of

Operation Flashpoint "RESISTANCE"

The Only addons required is Kegety's Editor Addon 102, which I am almost positive you all have.

The Engagement IMAGE

pic2.JPG

^^^ ME! tounge_o.gif

DOWNLOAD FROM OFPEC

Most popular in the pending list with a total of 135 downloads

:P

This sounds very nice! I will upload it to our server now.

Any plans on remixing it with some nice user made addons? I could put it on our addon server then without people slagging me off because it doesn't feature any neat addons...damn ungrateful players tounge_o.gif

Seems real good, I'll download it and editor upgrade which I don't have (I must be the only one smile_o.gif) for this and for Eden Life.

I read the comments over at ofpec, in the middle of the first one it says "Avril Lavigne is hot," - where did that come from haha (it's very true though blush.gif)

Nice hair btw wink_o.gif

That new tank pack with the numbers that change would be cool. The woodland hummer pack too.

lol, thanx :P

I was thinking about making a BAS and RAH 66 version of it.

Right now I am making The Engagement II.

It's been along time now, and I'm not sure if this mission has even been played on any of the servers.

Quote[/b] ]I could put it on our addon server then without people slagging me off because it doesn't feature any neat addons...damn ungrateful players

With the second one I am making, I'll do that addon version one smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I read the comments over at ofpec, in the middle of the first one it says "Avril Lavigne is hot," - where did that come from haha (it's very true though )

lol, yea I was feeling a bit random that day tounge_o.gif