Sign in to follow this  
Little Blue Assassin

The game crashes after two seconds

I have a one point four gigahertz Athlon, two fifty megabytes of RAM, and a Geforce 4 TI 4200. My old card, which ran Operation Flashpoint nicely, was a Radeon 7200. I'm running Windows 98 Second Edition. I just put my Geforce in, and I ran Operation Flashpoint. As soon as I get into the main menu, the game freezes, and I have to restart my computer. I tried several times then reinstalled. The external preferences program for Operation Flashpoint seemed unable to determine my card.

Please help, and please don't just tell me to use that horrid, unworking, unwieldy search function again. I've never once found the answer to any of my problems with it, and I've often been told to use it after already searching for over an hour.

The external preferences program for Operation Flashpoint seemed unable to determine my card.

What error message do you get? I would guess at this point that this is the crux of your problem.

Have you run the DirectX DXDIAG test? Any errors?

What Nvidia driver version are you using?

There's no error message. Where it usually lists my graphics card right under "Direct3d," there is a blank space.

What is the DirectX DXDIAG test? By the way, I'm using Direct X 8.1.

As for my driver, it's the default Abit driver. I seem unable to find out from my display options what version it is. And the names of the files aren't helpful either.

As for my driver, it's the default Abit driver.  I seem unable to find out from my display options what version it is.  And the names of the files aren't helpful either.

Try downloading the latest Nvidia drivers. smile_o.gif

What is the DirectX DXDIAG test?  By the way, I'm using Direct X 8.1.

Click start, then run, type in dxdiag and press enter, wait for it to finish looking at your system then go to the display tab and run the tests.

Screw this card. It runs all of my games even worse than my old piece of junk, for the most part. If the latest drivers don't work, then I'm putting my old one back in. Maybe I'll fiddle with the new one if I ever get around to installing Windows XP. I hate that Windows. But my brother says that the Geforce prefers Windows XP. That would explain much.

Thanks awfully for the help, Avon Lady and Placebo...I seem to be conducting a limited war with my computer.

As far as I'm aware the TI4200 should run the game just fine, I'm a Radeon man myself so I won't praise it too much but I believe a number of other forum members are using the same card with no problems, make sure all your other drivers (and motherboard bios) are up to date, not just the gfx card ones, it could be another piece of hardware that's unhappy with the new arrival.