endersson

Arma 3 Capped at 50 FPS

Hi everyone,

About 3 weeks ago I followed a Arma 3 optimization video by nanner. It was a success when I went from 50 FPS to 70-80 FPS in cities and above 100 outside cities.

However, yesterday I did a fresh installation in my PC and now my fps doesn’t go above 50. I followed the same video but still, no increase in FPS. When I’m changing the Video settings in the menu my FPS goes up but when I’m changing them in-game nothing happens. I’ve tried the absolute lowest settings and the absolute highest and absolutely nothing changes, still 50 FPS.

Do you guys have any idea why this is happening?

Have you tried without mods? FPS drop that doesn't happen on pause usually means there's a script or a bunch of scripts running that take your precious performance away.

33 minutes ago, honger said:

Have you tried without mods? FPS drop that doesn't happen on pause usually means there's a script or a bunch of scripts running that take your precious performance away.

I have installed ISLC and Process Lasso to free up memory and change the CPU priority to Above Normal on the Arma executable file.

I have also changed some settings in the parameter tab but no mods is installed.

Then revert all the changes you've made according to that "optimization video", make sure you don't get the FPS wall in completely non-messed environment. If you don't get that issue anymore and you still want to follow this... guide, try doing it step by step and make performance checks between each of them to find which thing causes the issue. I'd blame custom launcher parameters first, Process Lasso does not seem like it would lock frames in such weird way.