dozy77

Ultrawide, display mode and resolution selection

Hello,

I have an ultrawide 32:9 5120*1440. First thing that surprised me, there is no fullscreen option in the menu only borderless window and window. Is this normal?

Currently even by going down to 3840*1080 I get poor performance with low settings. Apparently, I don't have the option to choose a format narrower than 32:9 because in borderless you only have the "render scale" setting available and windowed mode doesn't offer any resolution using the entire height of my screen.

6 hours ago, dozy77 said:

Hello,

I have an ultrawide 32:9 5120*1440. First thing that surprised me, there is no fullscreen option in the menu only borderless window and window. Is this normal?

Currently even by going down to 3840*1080 I get poor performance with low settings. Apparently, I don't have the option to choose a format narrower than 32:9 because in borderless you only have the "render scale" setting available and windowed mode doesn't offer any resolution using the entire height of my screen.

As of DX12 Microsoft has replaced fullscreen  with borderless fullscreen. Fullscreen exclusive mode does not exist in DX12 anymore.

Did you check the config file for the resolution (My Games\ArmaReforger\profile\.save\ReforgerEngineSettings.conf)?

Thanks I didn't know that. I tried editing the file but it seems useless in borderless, resolution is ignored only ResolutionScale seems to matter.

In windowed I am able to set the res to 2560*1440 (even if the settings menu doesn't want to show that) and get way better performance but  I get the fat top border and obviously the rest of the screen isn't hidden.

On 3/18/2024 at 9:44 PM, ozzbik said:

As of DX12 Microsoft has replaced fullscreen  with borderless fullscreen. Fullscreen exclusive mode does not exist in DX12 anymore.

Did you check the config file for the resolution (My Games\ArmaReforger\profile\.save\ReforgerEngineSettings.conf)?

I also have an ultrawide with 5120x1440 32:9 and followed your advice. Sadly I cannot say that it brought me any luck. 

I did change my VideoUserSettings to 2560 by 1440 but it seems like that it does not reflect these settings ingame

Is there anything else I can try? 

Edit: turns out for your advice to work you actually have to go into: 

My Games\ArmaReforger\profile\.save\app1874880_user[SteamID64]/ReforgerEngineSettings.conf

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NoeCommander said:

I also have an ultrawide with 5120x1440 32:9 and followed your advice. Sadly I cannot say that it brought me any luck. 

I did change my VideoUserSettings to 2560 by 1440 but it seems like that it does not reflect these settings ingame

Is there anything else I can try? 

Edit: turns out for your advice to work you actually have to go into: 

My Games\ArmaReforger\profile\.save\app1874880_user[SteamID64]/ReforgerEngineSettings.conf

You're indeed right that my path wasn't complete. I've checked again and for me the config is located "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\ArmaReforger\profile\.save\app1874880_userxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\settings\ReforgerEngineSettings.conf" where the x's are my SteamId.