Hi there, I'm working on a campaign for my group that involves them being under a vehicle resource scarcity. I'd really like to use a system similar to how Mike Force does wreck recovery with all of it's vehicles, helicopters, etc. However I can't seem to find any good mods or scripts online to start from. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I did just realize I should be able to download the Mike Force Mission itself and take a look at stuff, but any advice is still more than welcome.

Edit Edit: I started looking through the Cam Lao Nam Mike force mission and actually learned a lot of cool stuff on how it works. I've determined that for my purposes the only actual functionality I would need is the packaging wrecks into crates function but I suspect it's not going to be as simple as pulling "fn_veh_asset_package_wreck.sqf" into my own mission because there are a lot of other functions and variables that are linked to it as well.

23 hours ago, RudyRedTop said:

I started looking through the Cam Lao Nam Mike force mission and actually learned a lot of cool stuff on how it works. I've determined that for my purposes the only actual functionality I would need is the packaging wrecks into crates function but I suspect it's not going to be as simple as pulling "fn_veh_asset_package_wreck.sqf" into my own mission because there are a lot of other functions and variables that are linked to it as well.

Don't remember how Mike Force does it exactly but I'm pretty sure it involves the interaction wheel-feature. Here are steps to reproduce a similar functionality using actions instead:

1. Identify when a recoverable vehicle is destroyed, see addEventHandler and EH Killed.
  2. Add an action to the wreck to do the following steps, see addAction
  3. Get the type, position and direction of the vehicle, see typeof, getPos, getDir
  4. Delete the wreck and replace it with a container, see deleteVehicle and createVehicle
  5. Store the type of the wreck in the container, see setVariable
  6. (Optional) Add an action to see what kind of wreck it is, see addAction.

That's it for the packing. For recovery:

1. At your recovery point add a trigger to continuously check for containers which contain a vehicle, trigger should detect Anything Present and it's condition need to filter for only wreck containers, see triggers and getVariablethisList
  2. When the trigger activates get the type of the first container, see getVariable, thisList
  3. Delete the container and replace it with a new copy of the wreck, see deleteVehicle and createVehicle
  4. Reapply the event handler from step 1 of the packing process to the newly created vehicle

If you got any further questions or need some code examples just ask.