Sign in to follow this  
Diniter

ATTENTION: play bug.

I have installed 1.40 and whenever I work with other AI I'm always put on hold til the very last second and even longer it seems. What I am talking about is when I tell them to do something there is always something else happening so my commands get lagged behind dumb stuff ie enemy positions.

To clear this up lets take for example my player is tank commander, gunner and driver are AI. We start off moving up the road 300m . Next we notice 5 soldiers (and we are still moving). The AI calls out all the soldiers it sees and their location. We are still moving fast in the direction we started now (and have a few targets to hit next). We continue on this uncontrollable path and now pass up a BMP2. While the AI proceeds to call out all this information we have  been spotted and are hit. By the time the BMP2 tank is called out we are critically hit again this time injuring all 3 inside the tank(including me). Our turret is damaged ,etc...

A few thing went wrong here:

1) While we were moving-  AI thought it was more    

important to list all the enemies ( threatening or  

not) and thus locking up all imput to our driver.

2) Same as above but with the gunners hands tied too.

(See because I am the commander I give which

target are destroyed and which don't )

3)All imput during this time gets unnoticed UNTIL the  

end  when it comes out as a string of commands  

that  are tardy at best.

It is also unfortunate to report that this happens    

whether your driver, commander , or gunner. Is it  a

Critical bug/feature? I can say that to me YES it is.

Also, to BIS: Implement a fast crawl + left/right/and  

backwards .

I have been annoyed about the exact same thing very often ... the inability to interrupt!!

The worst is when papabear is chatting about his bad childhood, going on and on, meanwhile locking up all control of my tank.

How to waste an Abrams without danger?

Wait till he's on the phone to HQ, then you got free game!!

An easy fix: Commander orders should override all other radiomessages, including his own auto-target calling.

Please fix it! :-))))

This problem has been happening since some of the earlier versions, I remember making a post about it.

I also think the players command should overide all the other radio commands and crap. By the time the AI has called the position of the T80 200m away, BANG, it's too late sad.gif

If you're trying to play as the tank commander, you deserve to get shot. That position is a deathtrap, I saw it from day one. Your AI driver doesn't go where you want and takes 5 minutes to get turned in any direction. However, the AI gunner is spot-on.

So what do you do? Well, when you get in as commander, wait until your gunner and driver are in, and while stopped in the tank, bring up your action menu and choose "to driver's seat". Then, switch to third-person mode and enable mouse freelook. Now, you can drive the tank yourself, and look around with the mouse, but you are still the commander. To call out targets, all you have to do is right-click them with your crosshair, and left-click to fire once the gunner lines them up. This is much, much easier than the convoluted process of trying to tell your moronic driver where to go and trying to get your mouse cursor to find the "edge" of a target with the commander's retarded crosshair because it won't turn red to attack if it's centered on the target too well. This method gives you a regular crosshair.

It doesn't help the fact that you can't interrupt your men's chatter with your own commands, but it keeps you from getting driven somewhere you don't want to be, and makes effective fighting in a tank possible, even with just two people.