Sign in to follow this  
Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX

Cant use custom face in mp

Hi. I have a really weird problem: OFP won't let me see custom faces in game. I can't see mine, I cant see anyone elses either. Just plain white faces. Its really annoying. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried reinstalling but it doesnt work. I mainly play coop so its handy to be able to recognise different people by their faces.

Could the server you're playing on limit the face file size to something very small and all the face files are larger?

I had this problem once. I think that you need to delete the temporary folder in Operation Flashpoint (back it up before you delete it, of course). It is called

tmp2034

or something like that. If I remember correctly, the problem was that one of us had changed our face, and there were some sort of conflicts.

Good luck...

On a similar note, I've found this with some LAN sessions we've had.

I'm usually the only one who uses custom faces, and I find that about half the players can see the custom face, but there's usually a couple that just see a blank white face...

Hey, while we're talking bout faces, will someone make me a cameron diaz face, or a david james elliot from jag?

I don't have a temp folder in OFP, not even when playing MP.  Could this be the problem?

What version of OFP are you running?

Did a complete uninstall and reinstall of CWC and then resistance, fixed it and I have a tmp folder now. Weird. Before I just reinstalled resistance.

So it works now.