Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

Why can i only have a few addons in opf?

I JUST got my new computer and, there is no diskspace needed.

I still have 39GB left off of thiis 40GB HD that i have.

I cant be low on memory: i have 1024DDR

Flashpoint is the ONLY game installed.

I get this error after ONLY A FEW addons:

cannot find memory map file o.pbo"

Or sumthing

I have checked avon's site and, i also have tried the Virtual memory settings, still no luck.

I have NO KOWLEDGE of BIO's, so that leaves it out also.

Any ideas?

No luck, i dont speak Flashpoint Like this:

Quote[/b] ]Unpbo it, extract the whole PBO under your OFP directory into a directory that has the same name as the PBO, so for example c:\ofp\res\addons\o.pbo contents are extracted to c:\ofp\o\ directory.

Copy the config.cpp or config.bin from that directory, and put it into its own PBO file, and replace the original addon pbo (c:\ofp\res\addons\o.pbo for example) with this one (Take backup of the original first though).

I sorta get the 1st paragraph, but the 2nd? no way.

config.bin into its own PBO file? WHAT?rock.gif?rock.gif

OK, download a pbo extracter and a pbo maker. My personal favorites are MakePBO and PBO Decrypter, they can be found here.

Using PBO Decrypter or a similar tool Extract O.pbo. O.pbo is located in your OFP/Res/Addons folder.

Then, rename the folder that O.pbo was extracted to, to something like _O(it doesn't matter).

Then go into that folder, and find a file named config.bin. Copy that file.

In the OFP/Res/Addons folder, create a new folder named O. Paste the config.bin into this folder.

Using MakePBO or a similar program create a pbo from the directory you just made. *Note: you may want to backup the original o.pbo before you do this

After doing that delete the folder O, which the pbo was created from and rename the folder that you renamed back to what it was before, O (thats the letter, not the #)

ok, I beleive I did what you had said.

There is a Folder Called "O" and that folder has all the Decompressed Stuff in it.

And another file "O.pbo" which is the Config File Compressed into the PBO.

The Problem:  WHEN CLICKING MISSION EDITOR, I GET THIS ERROR:

picture  \o\misc_nogovo.paa not found

Then! I hit ok, and then load up a level and then when i hit preview: HAHA Get this! It shuts flashpoint down all together!

Now what do I do!

(I can never get a break and have a problem completly resovled, theres always SOMETHING ELSE!)

NOW, SINCE I CANT GET ANYWHERE...

I DOWNLOADED A CUT.PBO FILE, AND THAT DIDN'T WORK, AND NOW ALL MY FILES WANT TO OPEN WITH CUT.PBO.

AND I DELETED IT.

So now,

1. Can't play Fuckin Flashpoint

2. All my addons look like wordpads that insist on opening with Cut.pbo!

Chances are, no one can help and im SOL.

Well, if you backed it up, just replace the o.pbo in there now w/ the one you backed up.

If you didn't, get o.pbo off your CD.  It's under FlashpointResistance\Res\Addons.  Replace the one you changed w/ that one.

Edit:  oh, I just spotted and important part of the instructions that kegety's posted.  It says to put the folder "O" in your ofp directory not the addons.  So, try moving the "O" folder up just to your OFP directory(usually something like C:\Program FIles\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint

Hope that helps

Im trying the EDIT now, but will be hitting the HAY after this post.

1 more thing.. I did back up flashpoint with the CD.. and the files STILL look like wordpads wanting to be opened with CutPBO

OK, I see what you're saying there.

It's really just a cosmetic problem, but if you want to change it back go to Folder Options in the Tools menu of my computer. Click on the file types tab, scroll down until you see the "pbo" under file types. Click on the Advanced button. Then remove any of the things that are shown in the "Actions: " box. Click OK, and then OK. That's how to do it in XP, not sure about other versions of windows, but it's probably pretty similar.

ok thanks..

1. The 85kb _O.pbo folder with just the Config in it is in the res/addons folder.

2. _O.pbo was changed to O.pbo and the 173Mb O.pbo that was there was overwrited.

2. "O'' Folder is in Codemasters/Operation Flashpoint (With the Config.Bin still in there)

3. I dont get that error anymore but...

THE GAME STILL SHUTS DOWN AFTER HITTING PREVIEW.

I assume the quotes around O aren't actually in the name of the folder. Maybe try deleting the config.bin from the O folder. Are there any error messages? Other than that, I really don't know, maybe ask Kegetys.

edc, thank you..

I just figured out that the F22 that that 1 quake guy made was a cause of it.

Because all of the other addons work perfectly fine now.

I will try to see if its all of the new addons that cause this problem since they were put in after this o.pbo error.

I will try to put my Sebnam in and see if it works.

Thanks alot!

ANOTHER BUG.

WHEN TRYING TO PLAY FLASHPOINT BY INSERTING THE CD AND THEN STARTING FLASHPOINT I GET THIS ERROR:

Please Re-Insert CD and restart the application.

I have had this error in the past and i dont know how but it deleted misteriously.

I remember having to restart my computer each time I had this CD in.

(So simply, Resistance had to be in the computer before it was turned on).

Any ideas?

Also, I have no knowledge of BIO's, AGP, or any type of CD settings..