Sign in to follow this  
awesomety10

M1 Helmet Removed From U.S. Arsenal?

The new update has been out for quite some time now and I was wondering where the M1 Helmet went. Since the new update the helmet was seemingly removed.

• why is this?
  • Was it an oversight?
  • Does anybody really care besides me?

In any case, the M1 is a vital part of the U.S. kit from the cold war and I would love to see it added back into conflict.

Im only speculating for thier reasoning but the game takes place in 1989.. By that point the M1 steel helmet had been withdrawn from US military service. 1983 invasion of Grenada is the last war it saw use in. That being said LAV is planned for the US army which was a USMC vehicle, so it would not be a significant transgression to keep the M1 steel helmet for the US army since it is something that was already developed.

5 hours ago, kev2go said:

Im only speculating for thier reasoning but the game takes place in 1989.. By that point the M1 steel helmet had been withdrawn from US military service. 1983 invasion of Grenada is the last war it saw use in. That being said LAV is planned for the US army which was a USMC vehicle, so it would not be a significant transgression to keep the M1 steel helmet for the US army since it is something that was already developed.

I guess they want maximum historical accuracy. That's not a bad thing.

M1 just got  re-added with recent experimental along with a M1 variant without the M81 woodland camo helmet cover.