Sign in to follow this  
RaNg3R

Kevlar etc.

I think there should be actions to put on/take off..body armour helmets and BDU's (uniforms) Like change your uniform while your in the field to accomodate the ever changing terrain. Give some feedback please.

That would be pretty neat. BUt as for the topic name "Kevlar" they really didn't use that. My dad was in the Marines 71-73, and he says they didn't even start bringing it in till he left. And even then it was only helmets.

ah im sorry, i forgot this was staged in Vietnam era. My dad was supposed to go into the army in Nam, but he had "hayfever" and they wouldn't take him.

Hayfever!

That isn't an excuse i don't think, you sure as i know people in forces who have hayfever. Me for instance, well actually i just get a bit of a blocked nose because of the pollen count, i don't really have allergic reaction to it.

Hayfever!

That isn't an excuse i don't think [...]

Maybe it was? (I don't have a clue)

Well it was an i do have a clue. How would you feel deep in the jungle with terrible hayfever. Trying to keep quiet and sneezing. The only way they would get called up is if there was a national emergency. My uncle bob didn't go for the same reason.

The army had lots of trouble with different types of "hay fever" in vietnam

biggrin_o.gif

anyway, taking on and off bodyarmor would be good, but BDUs and clothing? that's going a bit too far. dont want to catch sgt. and a nurse in the barracks one night

why not?

Have an assisination mission on a pimp.

Maybe you could have it so that you could remove body armor and helmets. The benefit would be that you could move more quickly and more quietly at the expense of protection.

Maybe even ditch your ruck and carry a ton of ammo and a canteen.