Sign in to follow this  
SlickPilot

Helicopter loadout

If they will only listen to one of my suggestions, this is the one I would pick: The more people, gear, and fuel you put in a helicopter, the poorer the performance should be.

There are benefits to this:

1. It will make us depend on the supply chain a lot more because a completely full tank of fuel in a helicopter in OFP lasts longer than most battles.

2. If your opponent puts a whole platoon into a helicopter, they can no longer blast away really fast. You can get in a few shots as they are nursing the machine off the ground and accelerating.

Yes... good idea. Maybe each aircraft should be rated for maximum payload and the percentage of that payload reached would directly affect performance. If a UH-1D, for example, has a max payload of 2000kg and you've got 1500kg worth of human beings sitting in back, you should notice a significantly different response to the controls and performance.

It depends, i agree with this yes, but the sea kings we fly, we are on 50% throttle most of the time, lot's of helicopters are flexible when it comes to their payloads. In IL-2 FB i load 25% of fuel which makes my 109 lighter and better at dogfighting, plus i can rev it up to 700kmph.

In Vietnam the Americans lost something ridiculous like 4000 helicopters, and 2500 of them were crashes, due to hot temperatures which is bad for rotary wing, high alttitude also former and shit single engined, UH1s.

I would like to see this modelled too, it could add a bit more depth to the logistical side of gameplay.

Also choosing your helicopter's loadouts, fuel, ammuntion and configuring it for the mission. Put a bit more emphasis on pre mission stages.

I guess we would have to have a refuel/defuel option when next to a fuel truck-maybe every time we push enter it would give or take something like 10 percent of our fuel. It could also be an interesting way to airlift fuel to a forward position unless fuel trucks have an inexhaustable supply of fuel like they did in OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SlickPilot @ 21 May 2003,07:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess we would have to have a refuel/defuel option when next to a fuel truck-maybe every time we push enter it would give or take something like 10 percent of our fuel.  It could also be an interesting way to airlift fuel to a forward position unless fuel trucks have an inexhaustable supply of fuel like they did in OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

Fuel trucks don't have unl;imited fuel in OFP1

Theres a setfuelcargo command

And on the map 'Last Dance' on Lol server if you refuel a lot of stuff with the same truck it eventually wont refuel any more.