Sign in to follow this  
Impavido

How to make flight more fun!

I like how fluid and easy the helo controls in OFP are (The planes need some work though, LOL)

One common thing I do when flying a helo is I push the * button (on the number pad on right side of keyboard) to unlock the view of my character. I turn my head out the side of my helo so I can see and circle a target or point of interest while not having to fly towards the thing to see it. Please keep this head turning feature but I would like to see a slight alteration to it:

Assign a keyboard button to "unlocking" the head of your character. Lets say its X. When you push and hold X your mouse will control the head of your character and not you weapon/vehicle. When you release X your head goes back to the direction you were aiming/flying.

Anybody else think this would work?

No theres a difference.

The * on the num pad is a toggle, its like and on/off switch and its on the opposite side of the keyboard so its kinda ungainly to reach for it while flying in a firefight.

What I proposed is-

1) a button closer to the left side of the keyboard, close the WSAD set most First person shooters use.

2) a button that is nNOT a toggle switch. You HOLD it down while you want to free-look with mouse and RELEASE it when you are done. Once released the charaters head returns to his facing/vehicle.

LOL, i just tried the Alt thing!

You're right!

LOL dont I look dumb! crazy.gif

I think Hudson's F/A 18 was very easy to control and all of the planes should be that easy.

they should have options to be that easy and vice versa!

ahhhhhhhhh i don't want another simpleton flight model!

<span id='ME'><center>Jinef runs!</center></span>

I want it to be as real as the real thing it can be... (that didn't make much sense did it confused.gif)

What I mean is that I would like it to be as close to flying a real chopper/plane as possible...

But ofcourse that is something that can be changed in the dificult settings...

The game should have a dificultysetting that only real pilots can handle really good, and one that allmost anybody can handle, and ofcourse all in between...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dubble0zero @ 12 May 2003,21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I want it to be as real as the real thing it can be... (that didn't make much sense did it confused.gif)

What I mean is that I would like it to be as close to flying a real chopper/plane as possible...

But ofcourse that is something that can be changed in the dificult settings...

The game should have a dificultysetting that only real pilots can handle really good, and one that allmost anybody can handle, and ofcourse all in between...<span id='postcolor'>

Shit then I will have top learn to fly, drive, be a tank commander/gunner/driver(oh I can do this), learn to fly a chopper learn how to handle 100+ weapons I only can do that on M16 series and G3/Mp5 series.

STGN

BUY A JOYSTICK! It really isn't that expensive! tounge.gif

As we talking abouot planes. i have a quastion:

Are there going to be a sea Carrier with F16 on it, that could fly from it?

Uhh, no F-16s fly off of carriers...