Sign in to follow this  
Maraudeur

Chain of command's command engine

User missions material

Moving to UM

I dont make missions yet but I have played the Dynamic Vietnam Tour of Duty using the Coc engine.

I tried it and it was all to complicated for a bit of a simpleton like me.

Hi all

The CoC Command Engine missions are of a more tactical nature, rising to semi strategic missions when you reach Bagels Tour of Duty and some of the missions under construction at the CoC.

CoC Downloads page

For all the official Command Engine missions. The learning curve for the CE is steep wink.gif so I suggest you follow this order.

Play the Test mission

Read the player manual

Play BS01

The other missions are all more complex.

BS02 requires understanding of the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for infantry dealing with armour. Read the Field Manuals. Basicly let them into the vilage where their big guns can not be brought to bare. Mines half way into the vilage to stop them and satchel charges on the entrance/exit route to catch those that try to reverse out. AT rockets to finsh them off then rush the vilage to prevent the infantry capturing it. Make use of slow time to issue all the orders.

Sainte Marie Hill

Use theOB copter to clear the nearby FOs and Snipers in under 10 minutes try and clear some of the skirmish line snipers as well.

Move your HQ section to foot of the small hill at Grid FC63. Get all Mech infantry platoons up to the foot of the Sainte Marie Hill beyond the marked point for the FOs near the frontline but in a line behind the trees so they are not suceptable to rocket attack. Move the weapons platoon to cover the valley on your northern flank at at Grid FD62 Dismount all infantry from AFVs.

Move the Mortar Section to the trees at Grid FD66 dismount them from their vehicles so the mortars may fire. Move the support section to at Grid FE65 ready to give support

Fly to the foot of the small hill at Grid FC63 use that as your HQ set your sniper, Sabateur and Heavy Grenadeer to not fire stealth arange them in a triangle at crest of the hill use them as your FOs they all have optics advantages in the form of binocs or sniper scope. Your primary job now is as artilery controler and company commander (do not get involved in the fighting)

Set your apaches to overwatch from the sea if you see AFVs target them using camera mode. Try to prevent your apaches from attacking/ overflying the hill untill your troops reach the bunker complex.

Clear all old waypoints put all troops in halt. Set your troops waypoints for the charge up and over Sainte Marie Hill to the suspected gun positions. When they are all ready set them all to follow waypoints and begin the charge.

This needs to be done whithin 15 minutes of the start.

Use the mortars to break up any enemy counter attacks. prep fire the bunkers with the naval guns before the can realy hit your infantry. Use smoke to obscure the bunkers vision in the final aproach and mortar them as well.

In the final push have your HQ section join in have them advance once so they are clearing the ground 50 yards ahead of you.

I once managed to finish this mission with 33 soldiers of my company. I only finish it one in seven times. I have never finished it with any copters left. I once finished it with just 5 troops ( 2 from the mortar team and 1 in my HQ squad the other two were Mech Inf )

BS05 BS06 and Tour of Duty There are many solutions and because these missions are more dynamic; work it out.

All CE missions are for hard core realism buffs Cheater Strike wusses need not apply.

Kind Regards walker