Sign in to follow this  
Guest BratZ

Towable artillery

I try and when i select hookpak it says "Script Hookpak.sqs Not Found" or something like that, i'm trying to hook it up to my hilux, i added the things in the script needed, unless I didn't name some stuff right, if i wanted to hook the pak to the Hilux Sport, what would i write in the .sqs and what would the name be, and also what do i need to write in the init line?

There was like a mission AGES ago involving towable artillary.

However it required loads of scripting.

I'm doing what you said, but i think i know why it wont work, I'm not exporting it to missions, so it's still a text file and OFP hasn't converted it to a .sqs file. (I'm still using it in Mission Editor)

Edit..... Hehe, when i changed the name to pakhook.SQS, it worked, or it was it saved it as pakhook.sqs.txt, i was typing it and that showed up in that drop down box of other things I saved it as. tounge_o.gif

Yes that is a common problem...Windows adds another extension,glad you spotted it,I think its got us all at one point

Thx Bill Gates smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

Am looking back at this and am wondering if the bridge bug has been fixed?

Hmm well , no genius has told me the answer yet and Maarfy hasn't released anything and nothing has moved on this project.

I am making a plane tug ,appears ok the way my carriers are made and I prolly won't need to fix the bridge bug for that project but I did have to do things differently for planes because they self level when you setpos a plane so that was another obstacle

I still have the pak project handy and can make changes and try out anyones ideas on what they think may fix the bridge problem

I'm also pretty handy with character animations now and would be able to button this project completely up,making the soldier get out and move the pak and such

It'd be better to use this technology in a newer addon,altho Maarfy texturing is hard to beat,this project hasn't budged

Thanks BraTTy

I noticed you realised what I was after it for (the carrier tow truck(.

We (I think) have some of our scripters looking into this, what there is a a very very good start.

Its a pity that my Hermes has 2 opeartional decks where aircraft could be moved around, and another ship I have has 3 decks where trailers dont work