Sign in to follow this  
NKVD

Need help - gunslinger!

Hello,

just wanted to know, is it possible to include Kegetys Editor's upgrade addon into .pbo file, so people who don't have that addon will still be able to play on server w/o disconnecting ?

For example, when admin puts a map on server to play that uses gunslinger's addon, people who don't have the addon - automatically disconnect. However, the map SAS URBAN also uses gunslingers (resistance appartment homes) but you don'

t have to have the addon installed to play the map. How can I do so ? How do I include the addon in the mission so people w/o gunslinger's would still be able to play it ?

p.s. I know General discussion is not the right forum, but nobody visits the other forums about addons and etc. Could you keep this thread for one day here plz.

lady, have you ever played SAS URBAN CTF map ? they did put resistance appartment(4-floor) homes in map. And you can play that map on server w/o any editor upgrade addons.

How can you do that ? Im making a huge city map, and I don't want to require players to have that addon (most of them don't even know about editor's upgrade).

Is there any other way to put Resistance homes (4-8 floor) w/o KegetysEditor Upgrade ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NKVD @ 01 May 2003,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lady, have you ever played SAS URBAN CTF map ? they did put resistance appartment(4-floor) homes in map. And you can play that map on server w/o any editor upgrade addons.

How can you do that ? Im making a huge city map, and I don't want to require players to have that addon (most of them don't even know about editor's upgrade).

Is there any other way to put Resistance homes (4-8 floor) w/o KegetysEditor Upgrade ?<span id='postcolor'>

You can place objects that are part of OFP's install, like Resistance buildings, into a map. Everyone has them, remember? wink.gif

But if you want to place EU objects in a map, you have to have the EU installed as an addon.

So, in regular OFP editor I can't put resistance apartment homes...

IN EU editor I can...so even though I put those RESISTANCE homes using EU, as long as objects are of OFP:R, the map won't require EU addon installed in order to play that map ?..!

It is possible to place a building even if you have no mission upgrade addon

edit the mission.sqm file (with notepad/wordpad) of the mission and replace a unit by the building you want (you have to know the exact name of the building of course)

Ask in the mission editing forum here or in the ofpec forum , someone will certainly help you more

im planning to make a map with around 200 homes, and I wouldn't want to stuck with replacing each single house, gotta know for sure. Thanks for help anyway.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NKVD @ 01 May 2003,17:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im planning to make a map with around  200 homes, and I wouldn't want to stuck with replacing each single house, gotta know for sure.<span id='postcolor'>

If this is not a separate island addon you're planning on making, you better check the lag before your release the mission.