Sign in to follow this  
leec

Server.cfg

Search server.cfg<<<< nothing

Search sampl.cfg <<<<nothing

Problem when I use sample.cfg it lets me in game fine. but when I use server.cfg it just hangs there at the WAIT FOR SERVER screen. I have enclosed a copy of my server.cfg file. Any help appreciated.

System Specs:

XP

1 GIG DDR PC 2700 ram

64 meg ati 7000

dual 2.4 p4

latest OFP update 1.91

Server.cfg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

hostname="OFPNAM.COM addons required";

passwordAdmin="18005551212"; // password to protect admin access

motd[]=

{

"Welcome to OFPNAM server.",

"Hosted by **** **** Hosting Services.",

"Host As Low As $3.59 Per Month .",

}; // Welcome message

motdInterval=5;

voteThreshold=0.33; // when one third agrees, this is enough to confirm a vote

reportingIP=""; // private server - no reporting

voteMissionPlayers=3; // start voting when 3 players connect<span id='postcolor'>

Note ****** is the name of the company that is sponsoring us.

Unless you have feedback on the mentioned problem please don't post.

Thanx in advance

>But when I use server.cfg it just hangs there at the WAIT FOR SERVER screen.

That's actually the way it works. Without a "class Missions {...};" in the config file, the server will just

show you that black, unfriendly "wait for server" screen. There are two things you can do now:

Login in as admin and select a mission:

Type the following command in the global chat channel:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#login 18005551212<span id='postcolor'>

Now you should be logged in as admin. Naturally, you should change this admin password

before you go public with the server... wink.gif Next, lets show the list of missions:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#missions<span id='postcolor'>

Now you can select what mission you want to run. Remember to set Cadet/Veteran to your preference.

Next you get to the familiar roles setup window and, well, you probably know how to take it from there...

No admin - vote for a mission:

Without an admin present, sitting at the "waiting for server" screen, type this in the global chat channel:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#vote missions<span id='postcolor'>

(Note the plural, "missions", not "mission", that's a slightly different cmd)

Browse the missions and select the one you want to play. When you do that, the screen goes black again and a

short chat msg should appear that you voted for a mission. Everyone else on the server also has to do a "#vote missions"

and choose the mission of their liking.

Note: you can of course vote in an admin and let him do the mission selection per the instructions above.

Yes, the dedicated server part of OFP is hideously badly documented...

One last thing: if it won't work, try adding this to the server.cfg:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Missions {

//nothing here

};<span id='postcolor'>

Good luck!

OFPR_Server.bat file causes this to my opinion.

Open this .bat file for editing text is as follows:

REM OPERATION FLASHPOINT RESISTANCE STANDALONE DEDICATED SERVER LAUNCHER

REM

REM

FlashpointServer.exe -config=sample.cfg

REM ^^^^^^^^^^

REM

REM Name your config file here.

Edit sample.cfg into server.cfg save and run the .bat file and you will be ok