Sign in to follow this  
ViperCheese

Creating a server

I tried making a multiplayer server on the internet through the in game multiplayer menu. I couldn't make a server name and my friend said he couldnt find it on the list of availible servers. How do i create a server through the flashpoint multiplayer menu. please give a step by step process. Thanks in advance.

Only dedicated servers are shown in the in-game server browsers.

To create a dedicated server, you'll need OFP Resistance Server Patch from http://www.flashpoint1985.com if you use OFP:R.

If you start your own remote server - not dedicated - you must give your friend your IP, and then he chooses Remote, pastes/types in your IP address, and then connects to your server.

Hi, I've tried setting up a remote server, used whatismyip.com and gave that to my friend.

Do they also have to use the same port # that I am using, I used 2302 I think.

On his join game screen, which lists the servers, my name did come up, but it was outside the server list box/table and he couldn't click it, or click join game???

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

I had a router tutorial but then the site it was hosted on (evilmadman.com) crashed and burned.... it's probably your router. I might rewrite it someday...

First: you need a DIRECT connection to the internet, no router/firewall/etc stuff. If you have those yoou need to forward/allow ports for the server to work.

Second: you need a server.cfg to set the name and to let the server announce itself to the gamebrowsers. it is loaded via "server.exe -config=Server.cfg".

Third: all this is covered in the ds-admin.rtf that came with your resistance cd. This file is also in the win dedicated server archive.