Sign in to follow this  
uddercream

what key do i hit

what key do i hit in the editor to make it paste something from not pad? 1.29 ya cant but 1.27 ya can thx

In 1.29 those keys don't work anymore guys...

yeah i just noticed that d*amn, sorry i been away from the forum for the past few days seeing "the real world" it is a srange place

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Birkoff on 4:01 am on Nov. 7, 2001

Funny thing is that I use 1.29 and ctrl V C X does work fine for me.<span id='postcolor'>

Ditto here, NP!

/0

Maj

yeah but it doesn't work for text does it ?

RED

No one that knows what they are talking about can copy text while in ofp to anohter section of ofp or out of ofp, and they can't copy outside of ofp(say notepad) into ofp with v1.29. a Pretty sh itty a ss feature if you ask me.

You can also use:

CTRL Insert (to copy)

SHIFT Insert (to paste)

SHIFT Delete (to cut)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from bauhaus on 11:22 pm on Nov. 7, 2001

You can also use:

CTRL Insert (to copy)

SHIFT Insert (to paste)

SHIFT Delete (to cut)<span id='postcolor'>

Thanx! Did'nt know about those...

Like I previously said here copy, cut & paste works fine for me almost all places in OPF. I usually edit using Ultraeditor32 , marks text there and paste that into opf directly. That works just fine, also from OPF to text editor does work fine.

However *1* single thing that does not work is stand in OPF editor, mark some text, copy it, clear the map or load another map and paste the text into it. At those rare times I have to paste the text to ultraeditor first, then back into the new map.

And that "missing" feature does make sense to me as OFP clears mem when clearing map data / load new map, clipboard is gone at same time is understandable but not wanted smile.gif

While talking about all this copy & paste thing, few things that BI could do is :

1) Add larger edit areas for "on activate" etc fields, or better yet have a small text editor within OPF that gives us options to edit & save scripts from OPF rather than use external tools for that.

2) Make better "windowed" support for OPF so I can run a 1280x1024@32bit windowed OPF on the desktop (at 1600x1200@32bit) and have the "windowed" opf -centered- on screen & hold the mouse "locked" within the application(OPF). Like it is now I get two cursors, one for opf, one for desktop, both move at same time, if I have opf-cursor within op and click -while- the other cursor is outside opf I "click on the desktop" not in OPF. Irritating bug smile.gif

How about this Bohemia is this small request possible to add ?