Sign in to follow this  
thule999

Resistance invasion

I parked a car near the office building so that I could make a fast exit.

When the invasion begins I ran to the car and drived like a madman , trying to stay on the road.

Instead of going home I played the hog of the road, running over several russians. It's really difficult actually, trying to keep driving fast and not crashing into buildings or civilians.

A speznatz guy with a bizon was also one of my victims.

I made couple of runs around the centre of the town and returned to the fallen soviet hero, took his bizon (but leaving satchel charges). then I went back to the office building and started sniping the rest of the enemy.

After making some other Datsun attacks and lots of sniping , most of the infantry was dead.

Then I went patrolling on a foot around the town, took some satchel charges and crawled to a enemy tank.

After placing the charges I crawled to a safe distance and

blew up the tank. No civilians got hurt in the blast.

Enemy BMPs were a lot more difficult to blow up. First you must make sure there is no enemy infantry around (kill them first). You can crawl near the vehicle from behind, put the charges and then crawl back. A BMP noticed me when I was very close to it and kept turning its guns towards me. I almost panicked...Luckily there was a tree near it so I crawled behind a tree, and crawled backwards, keeping the tree between me and the gun, blocking the gunner's LOS. Then I detonated the charges.

I also found out that a dead policeman near the destroyed police car has a scorpion sidearm. Might be useful as well.

Nicely done, Thule999...heh. I'm surprised the BMP didn't fire at the tree. Sounds like you're really having fun with OFP. smile.gif

Doolittle

I would be interested to know if you're able to take any weapons with you into the next level.  I tried but failed.  I even tried to hide the scorpion in the graveyard and go back.  It did not work.

One could try loading stuff into a car. Could the car and the cache be found later ? My OF GOTY edition started crashing to desktop every 10 seconds when I tried to load stuff into a car. Frustrating. So I just left the town...

I did it much like the thule999.

The trick is really to run a soldier over with a car and get his weapon.

Beware, if your driving is bad, russians will treat you as an enemy.

Dead policemen have guns, but sometimes their car is so badly damaged that the guns cannot be extracted.

Russians don't have RPGs with them, so you must use satchels.

And whatever I tried, I could not get weapons to the next level.

Ive taken out all the infantry but was too scared to go for the tanks (as u cant pick up an AT launcher as a civilian) I never use the save cheat so I only had one shot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mb27 @ 11 April 2003,22:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I even tried to hide the scorpion in the graveyard and go back.  It did not work.<span id='postcolor'>

You can hide weapons like that? Ontopic: I tried this. I ran over a policeman with a motorcycle, took his gun and went about a Km down the road. There I waited for a car, shot the driver and took the car to make a big road block. After 6 kills and got boerd. I went to Lipany stole all the cars and shot all the busdrivers and made a long road block and shot it out with the russians GTA 3 style! tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif