Sign in to follow this  
vitoal125

Flare troubles

I'm making a mission where in the beginning a pilot ejects out of his burning A-10. When he hits the ground, I want a radio message sent to the rescue base to trigger the rescue attempt (first question). Then the chopper is gonna take off and fly around the island. Here's the second q, I want to make a trigger that tells the downed pilot to shoot a flaregreen (if its night) or smokeshell green if its day when the heli gets within the trigger range. I dont know how to make the downed pilot shoot the flare/smokeshell. Also, after the smokeshell/flare is launched, I want the commies to mount an offensive against the downed pilots positon (3rd q). After that its easy though because I know how to make the heli and pilot rendevous and get the #### outta there.

I've already run searches and came up with nothing, I'll be looking forward to any helpful responses.

I think I know how to the first and third q's now. Tell me if they're right or if their is better way to do them.

For first q, just synch the helicopter move waypoint with the eject waypoint so it takes off as soon as pilot ejects

then for third q just sync an enemy waypoint close to the eject site with the trigger or whatever causes the pilot to shoot the flare.

But this will be wasted effort unless someone tells me how to shoot flare or smoke shell. I dont care if its night or day anymore, Im willing to tell him to just shoot both that way if its night youll see flare, if day youll see smoke.

wooh hoo, I solved my problem. I guess you have to "throw" a flare instead of "fire" a flare. Same applies for smokeshell.

However, this creates new problem with waypoints. I want to know if its possible for the heli to fly around an area, but as soon as it triggers the flare I want it to break off from its move waypoints and go to the pickup spot. Is there anyway to do this? To cause the heli to cancel waypoints?

I think you could make him break off using the commandmove and getpos commands, like create a helipad where you want him to go, name it say, H, and in the activation field of your flare or whatever enter:

heliname commandmove getpos h

pretty sure that will move him there. Could also be done using a script. Call the script, enter the above stuff, and use the

@unitready heliname

heliname land "land"

heliname commandstop

or commandstop heliname, can't remember which it is. I have used this to have a heli drop me off, move somewhere, land, shut down, and on a radio call from me come find me (using the getpos command, x,y,z, blah blah blah) land, pick me up, and then take me back to base, land and shut down, all using little scripts.

Hoot out!

thank you for helping, I already decided not to do it though. just kinda have it 'look' like it breaks off its search pattern at the flare.

Anyways, I almost have the mission finished now and I made it alot more interesting. During the whole mission, there is a battle going on in a town between 4 tank platoons and 4 infantry platoons and there are AAA (m2's). Also, while your on the mission, a team of spetnazs parachute into your base and destroy some cobras that are on the ground in your base.