Sign in to follow this  
J_J

How to make the player unpossible to fix a target

Hi people

I´ve downed the new F-18 Addon and want to make a pilotcoop. I want to make the player impossible to fix a target with autoaim, so that he cannot fire with a guided missile at a vehicle. But I won´t remove the missiles from plane to put in ffars or something, because when the ships get dammage the autotarget sheel apear for the players again.

This should simulate a radarjammer that the ship uses against the players. When its dammaged a lot, the jammer should stop to work and the player should be able to autotarget again.

Dunno why, but when i try it the first couple of times it works without my permission. A bug or something. First I saw only a white point at my radar and wasn´t able to aim. I try it without autotarget and hit the ship few times. Then it spinns up a bit and a red point apears at my radar and i was able to aim again.

I want to repaet it but this time under control with scripts. I tried also with setcaptive true, but theres no effect for the player.

Anybody an idea ?

Guest jacobaby

I dont think you can do it for human players, but you can for AI

remove the weapon and add FFAR in the slot

Not sure if it will work not tried it on 3rd party addons before but it works on a solier i can add the 30mm cannon thats fun smile.gif MACHINE GUN JUBBLIES

Guest jacobaby

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Junker @ Mar. 29 2003,11:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">remove the weapon and add FFAR in the slot

Not sure if it will work not tried it on 3rd party addons before but it works on a solier i can add the 30mm cannon thats fun  smile.gif  MACHINE GUN JUBBLIES<span id='postcolor'>

He did say he didnt want to do this.

However, you could do that at first and then swap the ammo back to TOWs when the damage level is reached.

BTW, I find that the LST is very unrealistic when hit by missiles, it moves across the sea like mad.

TJ

well the problem is that the F 18 Hornet addon has antiground missiles and the head of the missile is red. The antiair missile has a white head. Its for a plane and when i remove weapons the player will see that.

A good idea but in this case won´t help. Must do it somehow with a scriptcommand. Canfire false or something like that

I got it !

The is player only allowed to autoaim at enemy vehicles which are moveing and have fuel. I tried it with a ship and when its moveing and have fuel, I´m able to aim automaticly with guided rockets. But as soon as the Ship has no fuel the red point in my radar turns into white and the autoaim turns off. This works with all kind of enemy vehicles. The trick is the fuel.

Thanks to all helpers. Problem is no more ---> closed

Greetings