Sign in to follow this  
Oberon3d

Westland wessex

All I can show now is the mocap shadow textured model. before I add colours to it. It needs some cleaning in the edges though... tounge.gif

around 3500 polys...

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Would it be possible to add a GPMG in the doorway of the Wessex version?

Nice job so far smile.gif

Don't know how to animate the door...I just do models...

tounge.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

Get a good scripter and that could easily be one of the best choppers for ofp. Oh, to the person who said that ofp is going to be a good helicopter sim: It isn't really that realistic: some of the physics just dont seem to work too well, but i can see that it is one of the most detailed in that you can fly so many diferent types of helicopter... BUT the whole thing about ofp addons has to be mentioned: these helicopters are good, but they are a bit the same. I mean, looking at dedicated helicopter simulations, they have so many options like radar types and LOBL and LOAL hellfire missile lock on types.. but in ofp i get the feeling that each helicopter is basically the same base with just a diferent look to it. This is why i think that the more option-filled aircraft and addons are going down so well, becuase people could play them all the time using the options, as you would in a game with only, for example, the KA52 as your player vehicle. I do have some suggestions i would love to put to BIS toward helicopters, like the shadows of the rotors: in real helicopters you can see them [when the light is right and in certain conditions] going across your instrument board in front of you, which would give the player more awareness of where exactly they are.

BUT bis would never listen to someone such as myself...

Good work on this and the ferret, i cannot wait. Falklands team are truly deserving of this as well, as it will be my favourite campaign [real campiagn that is, my favourite fictional one is the DKM one, which is being made right now!]

Just a few thoughts.. well done!

biggrin.gif

I think that what it makes Flashpoint the best Helo sim ever is not the physics of the choppers, it's the feeling of flying it in an almost real island.

You have the feeling of being there, not playing a game...

tounge.gif