Sign in to follow this  
Taggart

Rescue missions?

How do I make the hostage guy be a hostage and follow they guys who rescue him???

And how do I make the guy a hostage?

If you give the hostage a join waypoint synced with the players waypoint it will make him join the players group.

Or you could use the join command

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[unitname] join groupame<span id='postcolor'>

You could make the guy follow the player with a domove command.

You can make the guy a hostage by using "setcaptive true" on him.

RED

I saw this post and it made me think of a couple questions. First, how do I use the DOMOVE command, and how would you make it so that if the hostage takers saw the people trying to save the hostage, they would attempt to kill the hostage?

Ok I did this

but it dosent say "hostage XXm" for the player.

Guest jacobaby

Not sure if you are interested, but a while back I made a CSAR mission where the tartget was a prisoner.

I used some good scripts in it, and it reveals if the POW gets killed, who killed him, and if he gets rescued, who rescued him.

The format followed instruction I got from a USAF Flight engineer whose job was CSAR. It uses the SEB NAM 2 pack if you are interested in checking out the scripts I can post a link for you.

TJ

Guest jacobaby

Here ya go;

TJ's NAM CSAR

Obviously it requires the Seb Nam 2 packto play, but the scripts are all there.

Funnily enough the original version of this just got posted at opflashpoint.org, but this version is MUCH improved.

TJ